WCRS captures £27m Santander ad account
Santander has shifted its £27 million UK advertising account out of Havas Worldwide London and back into WCRS without a pitch.
WCRS began working on the account in 2005 when it was appointed by the now-defunct Abbey. However, in 2011, the business was moved into Havas Worldwide London, then known as Euro RSCG London.
WCRS’s parent Engine was retained on some smaller projects.
Havas Worldwide London created a critically panned campaign featuring the sports stars Jenson Button, Jessica Ennis-Hill and Rory McIlroy. The ads have run throughout 2013.
The spots showed the brand ambassadors meeting supposed members of the public and promoted the levels of interest offered by the bank. In a recent execution, the comedy actor Cavan Clerkin tells the Formula One driver Button how liberated his mortgage makes him feel.
In October, Santander retained Carat as its UK media planning and buying agency after a six-month pitch. Keith Moor, Santander’s director of brand and communications, oversaw the process.
He was not available to comment on the appointment of WCRS.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid-weight Designer with super cool boutique agency Dahling Ltd £28-35k, London (East), London (Greater)
- Mid-weight or Senior Conceptual Creative Team Dahling Ltd £30-45k or £60-90k, London (East), London (Greater)
- Junior Conceptual Creative or a Junior Creative team- TOP BOUTIQUE CREATIVE AGENCY!!!! Dahling Ltd £20-25k, London (East), London (Greater)
- Project Manager - Client Side - Blue Chip - CRM, Data, Backend Salt £35000 - £45000 per annum + + Benefits +75% off travel , London
- CREATIVE SERVICES MANAGER (Brand Guardian, Marketing, Strategy) Creative Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, Surrey