WCRS captures £27m Santander ad account
Santander has shifted its £27 million UK advertising account out of Havas Worldwide London and back into WCRS without a pitch.
WCRS began working on the account in 2005 when it was appointed by the now-defunct Abbey. However, in 2011, the business was moved into Havas Worldwide London, then known as Euro RSCG London.
WCRS’s parent Engine was retained on some smaller projects.
Havas Worldwide London created a critically panned campaign featuring the sports stars Jenson Button, Jessica Ennis-Hill and Rory McIlroy. The ads have run throughout 2013.
The spots showed the brand ambassadors meeting supposed members of the public and promoted the levels of interest offered by the bank. In a recent execution, the comedy actor Cavan Clerkin tells the Formula One driver Button how liberated his mortgage makes him feel.
In October, Santander retained Carat as its UK media planning and buying agency after a six-month pitch. Keith Moor, Santander’s director of brand and communications, oversaw the process.
He was not available to comment on the appointment of WCRS.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of Marketing - Central Europe Salt £65000 - £100000 per annum + dependent on location, London
- Events Marketing Manager Salt £30000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Senior Planner, Direct Marketing /CRM Agency, London Direct Recruitment £70,000-100,000, London (Greater)
- Associate Creative Director MCG Associates Attractive Tax Free Salary , United Arab Emirates
- Design Director MCG Associates Attractive Tax Free Salary , Europe / France / United Arab Emirates / London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Tesco Clubcard uses Twitter to pick out Christmas gift ideas
- Samsung launches first Christmas TV campaign in the UK
- O2 launches 'walk' campaign with Ed Sheeran
- BBH London promotes Caroline Pay to deputy ECD
- ASA bans 'strongly sexual' Giffgaff ad
- Hammerson uses automated mechanical model to showcase Christmas gifts