WCRS captures £27m Santander ad account
Santander has shifted its £27 million UK advertising account out of Havas Worldwide London and back into WCRS without a pitch.
WCRS began working on the account in 2005 when it was appointed by the now-defunct Abbey. However, in 2011, the business was moved into Havas Worldwide London, then known as Euro RSCG London.
WCRS’s parent Engine was retained on some smaller projects.
Havas Worldwide London created a critically panned campaign featuring the sports stars Jenson Button, Jessica Ennis-Hill and Rory McIlroy. The ads have run throughout 2013.
The spots showed the brand ambassadors meeting supposed members of the public and promoted the levels of interest offered by the bank. In a recent execution, the comedy actor Cavan Clerkin tells the Formula One driver Button how liberated his mortgage makes him feel.
In October, Santander retained Carat as its UK media planning and buying agency after a six-month pitch. Keith Moor, Santander’s director of brand and communications, oversaw the process.
He was not available to comment on the appointment of WCRS.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Video Executive Aspire £24000.00 - £28000.00 per annum + Excellent benefits, London
- Media Manager - Client Side! Aspire £40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum, London
- Global Account Manager Dot-Gap €50k , Amsterdam
- Social Media Manager Dot-Gap £40k, London Central