WPP buys 30% stake in Richard Attias & Associates
WPP has bought a 30 per cent stake in Richard Attias & Associates, the company led by the former executive chairman of PublicisLive, which specialises in strategic advice to governments and corporations.
Attias, who previously led the World Economic Forum in Davos for 15 years, will work across WPP, helping group companies on public policy issues, events and conferences. He will also help WPP build its business across Africa.
After leaving Publicis Groupe in 2008, Attias set up The New York Forum, an annual conference designed to promote economic leadership, in 2010. In 2012, he founded The New York Forum Africa, a pan-African business development conference.
The 14 events RAA will be producing in 2014 will cover topics including food security, education, healthcare in Africa, the energy crisis, women's rights and sport as a tool for economic and social progress.
Sir Martin Sorrell, the chief executive of WPP, said: "By building this partnership with global influencer Richard Attias, WPP confirms its strategy to support countries to brand their nations and corporations to have access to faster growing markets.
"Our ambition is to create together, with Richard, a world champion in the field of strategic communication, international conferences and global action oriented events."
RAA has 50 staff across offices in Paris, London, Rabat and Dubai. It hopes to use the WPP partnership to grow its European and Asian business to reflect its proposition in the Middle East, Africa and America.
Attias said: "WPP has built formidable government and public policy assets in its agency brands, as well as event and conference capabilities. Through RAA, we now have the opportunity to ‘horizontalise’ these offers in a much more effective way for our clients and governments."
In a statement, WPP said RAA has revenues of more than $35 million (£21.4 million).
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - LUXURY BRANDS £60k Ultimate Asset £50000 - £60000 per annum, London
- Senior Planner, Integrated, £450 p/d Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £450 per day, London
- Digital Design Manager Freedom Digital £50000 - £60000 per annum, London
- Commercial Analyst - Sky Go Extra Sky Negotiable, West London
- Account Manager, Temp to Perm, London Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £32000 - £34000 per annum, London
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity
- Tiffany & Co hires MEC for $100m global media
- Mattessons Fridge Raiders campaign delivers AI robot to YouTube gamer
- HSBC launches Anyone's Game golf campaign
- Facebook and Airbnb sign up to D&AD New Blood