LV= returns with Cilla Black in nostalgic life insurance ad
By Louise Ridley, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Tuesday, 07 January 2014 08:40AM
Cilla Black, the singer and TV presenter, has returned as the face of LV= in a campaign for its 50 Plus life insurance plan.
In the one-minute ad, which breaks today, Black walks through a photography exhibition about the 1960s, the decade she began her career as a singer with hits such as ‘Anyone Who Had a Heart’.
The ad previously ran in 2007 and was created by Redtag.
Black, the former presenter of ‘Blind Date’, tells viewers that "I loved the 60s" and reminisces over cultural moments such as the arrival of The Beatles on the music scene and the moon landings.
She then sees a photo of herself when she was younger, and reflects that "nothing stays the same", before explaining the importance of being prepared financially for losing a loved one.
The ad promotes LV=’s 50 Plus life insurance plan, which is available to 50- to 80-year-olds in the UK without the need for a medical or to answer any health questions. The plan pays a cash lump sum when the holder dies.
The ad will air across digital and satellite channels during breakfast, daytime and pre-peak times.
Black has previously appeared in ads for brands including Dairy Milk.
Geoff Bates, the head of marketing for
"In the ad, she talks about experiencing personal loss, something we can all relate to, and the importance of being prepared financially. We hope this message will encourage people to think about whether they have insurance in place to help their loved ones or help towards funeral costs when they’re no longer around."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Marketing Executive - temporary Brand Recruitment £15000 - £20000 per annum, Cambridge
- Martin Sorrell earns 780 times more than average WPP employee
- 3 top tips on how to save an epic social media fail
- Lake Capital rejects demands of Engine's rebel shareholders
- Head lice-killing mousse launches in the UK with cartoon campaign
- Facebook's 'Buy' button: a leap too far?
- Beiersdorf postpones review after MAA criticisms of procedure