Crispin Porter & Bogusky launches Brazil office
Crispin Porter & Bogusky has launched in São Paulo after hiring an award-winning creative duo from Almap BBDO.
MDC Partners-owned CP&B has hired Andre Kassu and Marcos Medeiros to run its new Brazil office alongside the operations and new business director Vinicius Reis, who joins from Agencia We, another Brazilian agency.
Kassu and Medeiros, who join CP&B as executive creative directors, have worked together since 2008, when they paired up at Almap BBDO as creative directors. The duo has worked together on brands including VW and Pepsi and has won numerous awards.
In 2010, Kassu was named the most-awarded copywriter at the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity.
Prior to his role as partner and vice-president of operations at Agencia We, Reis previously ran the North American Unilever account at Lowe in New York and was chief executive at Euro RSCG 4D Brazil, among other roles.
The office launched on 3 February. A spokesman for CP&B said that the agency was not ready to announce any clients, but planned on working with global and Brazilian businesses.
Medeiros and Kassu said: "It’s a huge honour to import CP&B’s legacy to Brazil and to partner with them around the world. We’ve been enormous fans of the agency for many years."
The new office is CP&B’s sixth across the world, after Los Angeles, Boulder, Miami, London, and Gothenberg.
Chuck Porter, the chairman of CP&B, said: "It’s no secret that Brazil is an emerging economic powerhouse – it’s exciting, sexy and bursting with talent. And if we had started from scratch, we couldn’t have created better partners than Kassu, Marcos and Vinicius.
"There are a handful of creative teams in the world who have consistently produced work so brilliant that it explodes in the marketplace and transforms brands. Luckily for us, one of those teams is now called CP+B Brazil."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Web Manager Direct Recruitment £40,000 - £45,000, London
- Digital Communications Manager Direct Recruitment £40,000 - £45,000, London
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy to step down in 2017 amid board shake-up
- 18 Feet & Rising wins Skoda digital brief