Crispin Porter & Bogusky launches Brazil office
Crispin Porter & Bogusky has launched in São Paulo after hiring an award-winning creative duo from Almap BBDO.
MDC Partners-owned CP&B has hired Andre Kassu and Marcos Medeiros to run its new Brazil office alongside the operations and new business director Vinicius Reis, who joins from Agencia We, another Brazilian agency.
Kassu and Medeiros, who join CP&B as executive creative directors, have worked together since 2008, when they paired up at Almap BBDO as creative directors. The duo has worked together on brands including VW and Pepsi and has won numerous awards.
In 2010, Kassu was named the most-awarded copywriter at the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity.
Prior to his role as partner and vice-president of operations at Agencia We, Reis previously ran the North American Unilever account at Lowe in New York and was chief executive at Euro RSCG 4D Brazil, among other roles.
The office launched on 3 February. A spokesman for CP&B said that the agency was not ready to announce any clients, but planned on working with global and Brazilian businesses.
Medeiros and Kassu said: "It’s a huge honour to import CP&B’s legacy to Brazil and to partner with them around the world. We’ve been enormous fans of the agency for many years."
The new office is CP&B’s sixth across the world, after Los Angeles, Boulder, Miami, London, and Gothenberg.
Chuck Porter, the chairman of CP&B, said: "It’s no secret that Brazil is an emerging economic powerhouse – it’s exciting, sexy and bursting with talent. And if we had started from scratch, we couldn’t have created better partners than Kassu, Marcos and Vinicius.
"There are a handful of creative teams in the world who have consistently produced work so brilliant that it explodes in the marketplace and transforms brands. Luckily for us, one of those teams is now called CP+B Brazil."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Graphic Designer - Tech brands Network Career Consultants £35000 - £45000 per annum, City of London
- Middleweight FMCG Branding Designer Network Career Consultants £30000 - £35000 per annum, City of London
- Digital Creative Lead - Fashion Network Career Consultants £60000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Web Project Manager (12 month FTC) Brand Recruitment £40000 per annum, Milton Keynes
- Multi Media Specialist Creative Recruitment £43000 - £45000 per annum, London
Agency: McCann Erickson
- Watch: The Post Office's first Christmas TV campaign in five years
- Tesco Clubcard uses Twitter to pick out Christmas gift ideas
- Samsung launches first Christmas TV campaign in the UK
- O2 launches 'walk' campaign with Ed Sheeran
- BBH London promotes Caroline Pay to deputy ECD
- ASA bans 'strongly sexual' Giffgaff ad