Havas takes full control of Media Planning
brandrepublic.com, Monday, 22 January 2001 12:00AM
Havas Advertising is to take full control of the media planning and buying network, the Media Planning Group, in a deal that will see it swap Havas shares for the 55% of the company it does not own.
LONDON (Brand Republic) - Havas Advertising is to take full control of the media planning and buying network, the Media Planning Group, in a deal that will see it swap Havas shares for the 55% of the company it does not own.
Under the terms of the agreement, which was approved by the Havas board of directors on January 19 2001, Havas will issue 28.8m new Havas Advertising shares and €51m (£32.53m) to fund the deal. The deal will give the shareholders of Media Planning -- Rhodes Family, Grupo March, BBVA and BSCH -- 9.3% of the share capital of Havas Advertising.
Media Planning will continue to operate from its headquarters in Barcelona with a reduced board of directors and with Leopoldo Rodes Castane as chairman and Fernando Rodes Vila as chief executive officer. Rodes Vila has also joined the Havas board.
Alain de Pouzilhac, chairman and chief executive officer of Havas, said, "We are very excited about this new step in our relationship with Media Planning Group. Through almost two years of partnership with Media Planning Group, we have learned that we share a common philosophy and culture, and the same drive for excellence in servicing our clients.”
Media Planning was created in March 1999 out of the merger of two media buying agencies, Mediapolis and Media Planning.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Marketing Manager (Mobile and Social) Creative Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Martin Sorrell earns 780 times more than average WPP employee
- 3 top tips on how to save an epic social media fail
- Lake Capital rejects demands of Engine's rebel shareholders
- Head lice-killing mousse launches in the UK with cartoon campaign
- Facebook's 'Buy' button: a leap too far?
- Beiersdorf postpones review after MAA criticisms of procedure