Agencies vie for NHS digital brief
NHS Blood and Transplant, the special health authority that supplies blood and organs to hospitals in England and North Wales, is looking to appoint a digital agency.
The contest is being run through the Crown Commercial Service. Roster agencies have already been contacted about the brief and invited to submit proposals, but pitches have yet to take place.
The review follows reports that NHSBT is piloting a scheme that offers liver transplants to patients with alcohol-related illnesses.
NHSBT most recently worked with DLKW Lowe. In November 2013, the agency created an online and radio campaign for the body called "this year’s must have gift". The YouTube spot showed children talking about presents they would like for Christmas, before cutting to a girl in hospital who says she needs blood.
Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO previously handled NHSBT’s above-the-line advertising. AMV BBDO won the account after a competitive pitch against Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R in 2009, but the relationship had ended by the time COI closed in 2011.
As NHSBT’s creative agency, AMV BBDO released an organ-donation campaign that included an online game as well as a TV spot that showed a boy sitting in an armchair whose health was slowly deteriorating.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Ad Ops Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Project Manager Propel £201 - £400 per day, City of London
- Marketing Manager Guru Careers £26 - 32k, Based in London (N1)
- Digital Project Manager Zebra People £35000 - £45000 per annum + benefits, West London
- KitKat's mocking Apple tweet outperforms Oreo's Superbowl
- Social Media Week: what social media has taught us
- TfL launches selfie campaign to encourage people to get home safely
- Argos releases alien swan song ad
- Branded Content sends messages ads cannot, Diageo boss says
- 13 ways to create a winning print ad