We Are Pi wins Wrangler's European creative account
We Are Pi, the Amsterdam-based agency, has won Wrangler's European advertising account after a competitive pitch.
We Are Pi was appointed to work with the jeans brand last week after the competitive pitch which Campaign revealed in January.
It is now charged with creating Wrangler's advertising, including TV and digital work. The pitch was run out of Wrangler’s Belgium headquarters with help from the intermediary, Roth Observatory.
French agency Fred & Farid was Wrangler’s incumbent agency, and created the Cannes Grand Prix-winning 'We Are Animals' campaign for the brand, but its contract with Wrangler was not renewed when it expired at the end of 2013.
At the time, Fred & Farid’s founders, Frédéric Raillard and Farid Mokart, said about their agency’s dismissal: "The new Wrangler guy doesn’t like our ‘'We Are Animals' campaign. Fine. Our 'We Are Animals' campaign doesn’t like him."
Alex Bennett Grant, We Are Pi’s managing director said: "We’re very excited to be part of growing the iconic Wrangler brand in Europe."
Wrangler is owned by the VF Corporation, which includes The North Face and Lee among its stable of brands.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Web Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Database Marketing Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Account Director Purple Consultancy £55000 - £60000 per annum, London
- Account Director Purple Consultancy £30000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Head of Search Lipton Fleming £65000 - £80000 per annum + excellent benefits, London