Reckitt kicks off Euro digital pitch
By Louise Ridley, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 17 April 2014 06:45AM
Reckitt Benckiser, the consumer goods giant, is holding a digital pitch covering 19 of its brands across Europe.
The company is seeking one agency for creative strategy for eight of its core brands: Durex, Nurofen, Vanish, Finish and Gaviscon across Europe; and the "local hero" brands Lemsip, E45 and Optrex in the UK.
Separately, Reckitt Benckiser will also appoint an agency to work on digital production for all of its 19 "powerbrands" across Europe.
The procurement-led pitch is thought to have no intermediary and the successful agencies will be paid about £1.2 million in fees between them. They will be appointed to start work in May.
The brief is thought to involve creating digital advertising and building websites.
TMW, which has handled digital advertising for Reckitt Benckiser’s UK brand portfolio since April 2013, is involved in the process.
A spokeswoman for Reckitt Benckiser said it "does not comment on speculation about pitches".
In March, TMW created an online film for Durex that showed couples ignoring each other while absorbed in gadgets. The spot tied in with Earth Hour, the movement that encourages people to stop using electricity for one hour. Durex invited people to "turn off" to "turn on" and enjoy their partner.
Reckitt Benckiser is also currently reviewing the advertising for three of its biggest brands: Finish, Air Wick and Clearasil, held by Havas Worldwide, its global creative agency.
Reckitt Benckiser was the 13th-biggest-spending advertiser in the UK in 2013. It spent nearly £70 million, according to Nielsen.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Account Director / Senior Account Director - Stunning Agency Fill Recruitment to £60k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital and Integrated Planner air recruitment Up to £60K (dependent on experience) plus benefits and bonuses, London (Central), London (Greater)
- CREATIVE LEAD - EVENTS & EXPERIENTIAL Live Recruitment Negotiable, City of London
- DIGITAL DESIGNER Live Recruitment £20000 - £25000 per annum, City of London