Agencies line up for beer promotion task
By Jamews Swift, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 17 April 2014 06:45AM
Global Brewers Initiative, the consortium of alcohol manufacturers seeking to boost beer sales, is looking for an agency to handle its UK advertising account.
Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R created Global Brewers Initiative’s launch ad, "let there be beer", in 2013. The agency is repitching against McCann Birmingham, Now and SapientNitro.
The Advertising Standards Authority censured "let there be beer" in December 2013 after a complaint from the Youth Alcohol Advertising Council. One week earlier, a content-led TV campaign that starred Tim Lovejoy and was brokered by Mindshare escaped a ban after complaints that it could be mistaken for programming.
Global Brewers Initiative did not respond in time to comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Email and Digital Marketing Assistant Stopgap £100 - £130 per day, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Communications Specialist Brand Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Cambridgeshire
- Comms Planning Manager Aspire £35000.00 - £38000.00 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Designer Dahling Ltd £40,000 - 45,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- BBC to end exclusive Red Bee Media production deal
- Bloomberg appoints Matt Teeman as commercial director EMEA
- Samsung celebrates Prince George's birthday
- Virgin Holidays launches digital Caribbean push
- Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned for suggesting alcohol conquers boredom
- Happy birthday Mr Ad Server: the future of RTB