Agencies line up for beer promotion task
By Jamews Swift, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 17 April 2014 06:45AM
Global Brewers Initiative, the consortium of alcohol manufacturers seeking to boost beer sales, is looking for an agency to handle its UK advertising account.
Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R created Global Brewers Initiative’s launch ad, "let there be beer", in 2013. The agency is repitching against McCann Birmingham, Now and SapientNitro.
The Advertising Standards Authority censured "let there be beer" in December 2013 after a complaint from the Youth Alcohol Advertising Council. One week earlier, a content-led TV campaign that starred Tim Lovejoy and was brokered by Mindshare escaped a ban after complaints that it could be mistaken for programming.
Global Brewers Initiative did not respond in time to comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior copywriter story uk limited Negotiable depending on experience, Edinburgh
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Content Marketing and SEO Manager Lynda Up to £40,000, Central London
- Digital Media Manager Lynda Up to £50,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Campaigns Officer - Leading MS Charity CHM Competitive Salary, NW London
- What the end of Page 3 means for advertising
- Notonthehighstreet sponsors London Underground 'baby on board' badge
- Havas partners with Facebook's Atlas for multi-device ad targeting
- Has JCDecaux chosen the wrong time to abandon its trade body?
- Mother backs new integrated agency The Romans
- The Sun cuts topless models on Page 3