Tata seeks shop for branding brief
By Louise Ridley, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 17 April 2014 07:00AM
Tata Group, the Indian conglomerate that owns Jaguar Land Rover, Tetley and Tata Steel, is looking for an agency to handle its first global corporate advertising campaign.
The group owns more than 100 other operating companies. It has worked with advertising agencies in India but is not believed to have previously advertised as a global brand.
Tata met with about six agencies in Mumbai recent-ly, with two or three due to be shortlisted for a final round. Several UK-based agencies are involved in the process.
In the UK, Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R handles Land Rover, while Tetley works with Creature, which won the tea brand’s account in July last year.
Tata declined to comment on the review.
The conglomerate has companies in business sectors spanning IT, engineering, materials, hospitality, energy, chemicals and retail.
It reported revenue of $96.8 billion (£57.6 billion) in the financial year to March 2013, 62.7 per cent of which was generated outside India.
Tata companies employ more than 540,000 people worldwide.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Global Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 p.a. + Car or C/A, South East England
- Senior Account Executive or Account Executive createselect Up to £26K pa, depending on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Director - eCommerce and Digital Marketplace Silverdrum £60,000 + bonus, London (Central), London (Greater)
- SENIOR ACCOUNT EXEC/ACCOUNT MANAGER - INTEGRATED agency, Farringdon - £23k-£30k Judi Patton £23k-£30k, Farringdon
- Marketing agency roles in the Home Counties Stonor Variable £20,000 - £100,000, Home Counties