Tata seeks shop for branding brief
By Louise Ridley, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 17 April 2014 07:00AM
Tata Group, the Indian conglomerate that owns Jaguar Land Rover, Tetley and Tata Steel, is looking for an agency to handle its first global corporate advertising campaign.
The group owns more than 100 other operating companies. It has worked with advertising agencies in India but is not believed to have previously advertised as a global brand.
Tata met with about six agencies in Mumbai recent-ly, with two or three due to be shortlisted for a final round. Several UK-based agencies are involved in the process.
In the UK, Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R handles Land Rover, while Tetley works with Creature, which won the tea brand’s account in July last year.
Tata declined to comment on the review.
The conglomerate has companies in business sectors spanning IT, engineering, materials, hospitality, energy, chemicals and retail.
It reported revenue of $96.8 billion (£57.6 billion) in the financial year to March 2013, 62.7 per cent of which was generated outside India.
Tata companies employ more than 540,000 people worldwide.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Social Media Manager/Director Pitch Consultants £Highly competitive + benefits, Leicestershire
- Senior Online Trading/Commercial Manager Pitch Consultants £Highly competitive + benefits, Leicestershire
- Video Sales Account Manager Salt £35 - £45 per annum + Com, City of London
- Senior Planner Buyer Dot-Gap £35k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Assistant Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £28,000 per annum, South East England
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne