Tata seeks shop for branding brief
By Louise Ridley, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 17 April 2014 07:00AM
Tata Group, the Indian conglomerate that owns Jaguar Land Rover, Tetley and Tata Steel, is looking for an agency to handle its first global corporate advertising campaign.
The group owns more than 100 other operating companies. It has worked with advertising agencies in India but is not believed to have previously advertised as a global brand.
Tata met with about six agencies in Mumbai recent-ly, with two or three due to be shortlisted for a final round. Several UK-based agencies are involved in the process.
In the UK, Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R handles Land Rover, while Tetley works with Creature, which won the tea brand’s account in July last year.
Tata declined to comment on the review.
The conglomerate has companies in business sectors spanning IT, engineering, materials, hospitality, energy, chemicals and retail.
It reported revenue of $96.8 billion (£57.6 billion) in the financial year to March 2013, 62.7 per cent of which was generated outside India.
Tata companies employ more than 540,000 people worldwide.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- GRAPHIC DESIGNER (Print,New Media,Branding,InDesign,Photoshop) Creative Recruitment £30000 - £36000 per annum, London
- Inhouse EMEA Marketing Director - Technology Media Recruitment £100k+, London (City of), London (Greater)
- Digital Account Manager / Project Manager ADLIB £24000 - £30000 per annum, Swindon
- POWERPOINT OPERATOR 35K LONDON Creative Recruitment £25000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Account Director Major Players £42000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Watch: The Post Office's first Christmas TV campaign in five years
- Tesco Clubcard uses Twitter to pick out Christmas gift ideas
- Samsung launches first Christmas TV campaign in the UK
- BBH London promotes Caroline Pay to deputy ECD
- O2 launches 'walk' campaign with Ed Sheeran
- ASA bans 'strongly sexual' Giffgaff ad