Tata seeks shop for branding brief
By Louise Ridley, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 17 April 2014 07:00AM
Tata Group, the Indian conglomerate that owns Jaguar Land Rover, Tetley and Tata Steel, is looking for an agency to handle its first global corporate advertising campaign.
The group owns more than 100 other operating companies. It has worked with advertising agencies in India but is not believed to have previously advertised as a global brand.
Tata met with about six agencies in Mumbai recent-ly, with two or three due to be shortlisted for a final round. Several UK-based agencies are involved in the process.
In the UK, Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R handles Land Rover, while Tetley works with Creature, which won the tea brand’s account in July last year.
Tata declined to comment on the review.
The conglomerate has companies in business sectors spanning IT, engineering, materials, hospitality, energy, chemicals and retail.
It reported revenue of $96.8 billion (£57.6 billion) in the financial year to March 2013, 62.7 per cent of which was generated outside India.
Tata companies employ more than 540,000 people worldwide.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Marketing Executive Brand Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Amersham
- Senior Account Executive/Account Manager - Integrated - £24k Source £20000 - £24000 per annum, London
- Marketing Campaign Manager Barclay Meade £55000 - £65000 per annum, City of London
- Individual Giving Officer Stopgap £29500 - £30500 per annum, London
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Breast Cancer Campaign crowd-sources videos for 'wear it pink' campaign
- Guardian joins forces with Telegraph for media planning tool
- Sir Martin Sorrell labels Omnicom CFO exit 'bizarre'
- OMD lands Liberty Global pan-Euro media
- Haig Club launches David Beckham ad