Some of David Abbott's creative highlights
David Abbott, the legendary copywriter and co-founder of Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO, died on Saturday 17 May aged 75. Here is some of his most celebrated creative work.
Abbott, who was born in 1938, began his career as a copywriter, working at Mather & Crowther, and then moved to DDB London. He was one of the few men in advertising to work under both David Ogilvy and Bill Bernbach.
He founded AMV BBDO with Peter Mead and Adrian Vickers in 1977, and went on to create enduring work for brands including BT, Sainsbury’s and Volvo, among others. Here are some of his creative highlights.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Strategist, Top London Agency Direct Recruitment £45,000-£70,000, London (Greater)
- Social Media Strategist, London Direct Recruitment £40,000-£80,000, London (Greater)
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Sometimes collaboration, not innovation, can be the key to winning campaigns
- Virgin Trains spends £8 million on advertising to refocus on its brand
- Instagram partners with Omnicom to launch ad service in the UK
- WPP challenges Govt review
- Hovis appoints Mother to ad account