Some of David Abbott's creative highlights
David Abbott, the legendary copywriter and co-founder of Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO, died on Saturday 17 May aged 75. Here is some of his most celebrated creative work.
Abbott, who was born in 1938, began his career as a copywriter, working at Mather & Crowther, and then moved to DDB London. He was one of the few men in advertising to work under both David Ogilvy and Bill Bernbach.
He founded AMV BBDO with Peter Mead and Adrian Vickers in 1977, and went on to create enduring work for brands including BT, Sainsbury’s and Volvo, among others. Here are some of his creative highlights.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Content Director - Social / Digital - [Drinks] - Excellent agency - to £40k+ Fill Recruitment £40k+ as well as superb benefits, London (Greater)
- Mid-weight / Senior Brand Planner Rare Selection £50K + excellent benefits including pension, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT MANAGER ADVERTISING AGENCY Barker Graves £30K, london
- Senior Account Manager - Creative Agency Spectrum 360 Recruitment £32k - £35k, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- BBC social media manager calls for brands to add value
- Dave Trott: Great advertising isn't just gimmicks
- Johnny Fearless closes after client departure
- WPP launches Xaxis Audio with Global
- Google aims to hold brands' hands with 'programmatic playbook'
- Manning Gottlieb OMD, MediaCom and PHD head shortlist for 2015 Thinkbox TV Planning Awards