Sarah Kay, Leo Burnett
campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 01 May 2014 11:07AM
Sarah Kay 27 account director, Leo Burnett
Kay knew she wanted to be an account director when one of the Saatchi brothers – she forgets which one – gave a talk at her university (Cambridge) and began listing the attributes needed to succeed in the job. Immediately, it was something she could see herself doing.
Turns out Kay was right. After finishing her studies, she applied to almost every graduate scheme she could find and was accepted on to JWT’s programme. There, she worked on Johnson & Johnson, in addition to dipping her toes into digital projects for Google and YouTube.
Kay joined Leo Burnett in 2013 and has already proved herself vital through her energy. In addition to directing the gargantuan McDonald’s account, she worked on Business in the Community’s campaign to give ex-offenders a fair crack at finding employment, which has since received numerous awards, and even found time to overhaul Leo Burnett’s graduate recruitment scheme.
"Sarah is exceptional," Sarah Baumann, the group talent strategy director, says. "She combines passion, tenacity and intelligence to produce game-changing work and goes above and beyond to make things happen."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior PPC Manager Direct Recruitment £27,000 -£33,000, London
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000 - £55,000, London
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- 5 key trends from Dmexco 2014
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Bosch secures sponsorship deal with Channel 4's Sunday Brunch