Christopher Keatinge and Dan Bennett, BMB
campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 01 May 2014 11:12AM
Christopher Keatinge 25 Dan Bennett 25 junior creatives, BMB
Keatinge and Bennett conceived the "Simon the Ogre" idea that marked a step-change in Thomson’s advertising and won Best New Creative Team at the British Arrows. Trevor Beattie, BMB’s founder, describes it as "our most outstanding piece of work for years".
The duo were friends at the University of Gloucestershire but only teamed up two years later – by which time, Bennett had worked at BD Network and Keatinge had spent time as a freelance retoucher and on a placement at Bartle Bogle Hegarty.
They began to craft a portfolio together in their spare time. "We would work to fictional briefs, like everybody does to get a job," Keatinge says. It led to a placement at BMB and being hired on the day of the agency’s Christmas party in 2012. They credit BMB with giving them the chance to work on the Thomson brief just three months later.
Beattie says: "Every now and again, I find myself being subtly lobbied by the entire agency about who to hire. This is what happened with Dan and Chris. They’ve wowed us ever since."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Ad Ops Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager - 12 month contract Brand Recruitment Negotiable, Wellingborough
- Marketing & Copywriting Executive - Marketing/Media/Events Regan & Dean Recruitment Limited £26000 per annum + great benefits, City of London
- Head of Consumer Marketing Europe PSD Group £100,000 basic + 25% bonus + £7,000 car allowance + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)