Debs Gerrard, Albion London
campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 01 May 2014 11:35AM
Debs Gerrard 29 associate creative director, Albion London
Gerrard got her second job in advertising, temping as an account executive at Saatchi & Saatchi Auckland, when she was still at university. She got her first job when she was eight, cast as the lead in a commercial for Sammies, a cheese-filled biscuit sold south of the equator. Gerrard hated the biscuits but fell in love with advertising. After four years at Saatchi & Saatchi Auckland, she moved to London and freelanced before landing a job at Albion.
Gerrard says: "In New Zealand, agencies are a lot smaller and so they do everything. But, in the UK, they tend to specialise. What I enjoy about Albion is that it’s more like the agencies back home."
At Albion, Gerrard has created a social campaign for Jose Cuervo that helped the tequila brand gain a million Twitter fans, spearheaded the V energy-drink work targeting internet trolls and won a bronze Cannes Lion with a radio spot for the blood-cancer charity Anthony Nolan.
"Debs has one of those fantastic, never-give-up attitudes," Jason Goodman, Albion’s chief executive, says. "Her positive Kiwi view of the world is a good force at Albion."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- PR ACCOUNT MANAGER - INTEGRATED AGENCY Live Recruitment £28000 - £32000 per annum, City of London
- Senior Designer - World Renowned Branding Agency (London) Twist Recruitment £35000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + BENEFITS AND BONUS SCHEME, East London
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Sky boosts Sky AdSmart's targeting capabilities for advertisers
- 5 key trends from Dmexco 2014
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs