Debs Gerrard, Albion London
campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 01 May 2014 11:35AM
Debs Gerrard 29 associate creative director, Albion London
Gerrard got her second job in advertising, temping as an account executive at Saatchi & Saatchi Auckland, when she was still at university. She got her first job when she was eight, cast as the lead in a commercial for Sammies, a cheese-filled biscuit sold south of the equator. Gerrard hated the biscuits but fell in love with advertising. After four years at Saatchi & Saatchi Auckland, she moved to London and freelanced before landing a job at Albion.
Gerrard says: "In New Zealand, agencies are a lot smaller and so they do everything. But, in the UK, they tend to specialise. What I enjoy about Albion is that it’s more like the agencies back home."
At Albion, Gerrard has created a social campaign for Jose Cuervo that helped the tequila brand gain a million Twitter fans, spearheaded the V energy-drink work targeting internet trolls and won a bronze Cannes Lion with a radio spot for the blood-cancer charity Anthony Nolan.
"Debs has one of those fantastic, never-give-up attitudes," Jason Goodman, Albion’s chief executive, says. "Her positive Kiwi view of the world is a good force at Albion."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- PR Assistant / Junior PR Account Executive AF Selection £15,000 - £17,000 depending on experience, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR for Brand Agency - FREELANCE Royds Raphael Day rate c£275-£300, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT MANAGER - Branding Agency - FREELANCE Royds Raphael c£150-£170+ day rate depending on experience , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Strategist / Planner - FREELANCE Royds Raphael £350-£450 day rate, London (Central), London (Greater)
- BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER - Brand Comms Agency Royds Raphael £35K-£50K+bonus+bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham