Debs Gerrard, Albion London
campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 01 May 2014 11:35AM
Debs Gerrard 29 associate creative director, Albion London
Gerrard got her second job in advertising, temping as an account executive at Saatchi & Saatchi Auckland, when she was still at university. She got her first job when she was eight, cast as the lead in a commercial for Sammies, a cheese-filled biscuit sold south of the equator. Gerrard hated the biscuits but fell in love with advertising. After four years at Saatchi & Saatchi Auckland, she moved to London and freelanced before landing a job at Albion.
Gerrard says: "In New Zealand, agencies are a lot smaller and so they do everything. But, in the UK, they tend to specialise. What I enjoy about Albion is that it’s more like the agencies back home."
At Albion, Gerrard has created a social campaign for Jose Cuervo that helped the tequila brand gain a million Twitter fans, spearheaded the V energy-drink work targeting internet trolls and won a bronze Cannes Lion with a radio spot for the blood-cancer charity Anthony Nolan.
"Debs has one of those fantastic, never-give-up attitudes," Jason Goodman, Albion’s chief executive, says. "Her positive Kiwi view of the world is a good force at Albion."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Retail Store Designer Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £30000 - £33000 per annum + bonus and benefits, London
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show