Poppy Manning, TBWA\London
campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 01 May 2014 11:37AM
Poppy Manning 29 head of broadcast, TBWA\London
After getting the advertising production bug when helping out her father, who was an ad location caterer, Manning did paid freelance work as a teenager while still at university. In her first full-time role, she produced ads for Camelot, BT, Sainsbury’s and Guinness at Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO before moving to Anomaly, where she worked on music videos and 3D ads for Sony.
Since joining TBWA\London in September last year as its head of broadcast, Manning has impressed with her versatility. "The modern head of broadcast requires much more than the old head of TV," Peter Souter, the chairman of TBWA UK, says. "But Poppy can handle everything from Walt’s [Walter Campbell’s] movie to the 50p Vine clip with equal aplomb."
Manning inherited a massive global project for Infiniti, the car marque, and smoothly navigated everything from typhoon warnings to Chinese regulatory hurdles to produce a beautiful film.
She is passionate about producing the "best-quality work for both the agency and the client", despite the ever-increasing pressure on budgets, and her ambition is to establish a "great, award-winning broadcast department" at TBWA\London.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior copywriter story uk limited Negotiable depending on experience, Edinburgh
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- ABM Interim Ball & Hoolahan £34,000 per annum, South East England
- Customer Activation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- What the end of Page 3 means for advertising
- Notonthehighstreet sponsors London Underground 'baby on board' badge
- Havas partners with Facebook's Atlas for multi-device ad targeting
- Has JCDecaux chosen the wrong time to abandon its trade body?
- Mother backs new integrated agency The Romans
- The Sun cuts topless models on Page 3