Poppy Manning, TBWA\London
campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 01 May 2014 11:37AM
Poppy Manning 29 head of broadcast, TBWA\London
After getting the advertising production bug when helping out her father, who was an ad location caterer, Manning did paid freelance work as a teenager while still at university. In her first full-time role, she produced ads for Camelot, BT, Sainsbury’s and Guinness at Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO before moving to Anomaly, where she worked on music videos and 3D ads for Sony.
Since joining TBWA\London in September last year as its head of broadcast, Manning has impressed with her versatility. "The modern head of broadcast requires much more than the old head of TV," Peter Souter, the chairman of TBWA UK, says. "But Poppy can handle everything from Walt’s [Walter Campbell’s] movie to the 50p Vine clip with equal aplomb."
Manning inherited a massive global project for Infiniti, the car marque, and smoothly navigated everything from typhoon warnings to Chinese regulatory hurdles to produce a beautiful film.
She is passionate about producing the "best-quality work for both the agency and the client", despite the ever-increasing pressure on budgets, and her ambition is to establish a "great, award-winning broadcast department" at TBWA\London.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Sales Manager - TRAVEL - Programmatic Ultimate Asset £42000 - £50000 per annum + bonus and benefits , City of London
- Commercial Head of Video - Global Brand Ultimate Asset £70000 - £80000 per annum + excellent benefits & amazing commission, London
- Head of Marketing,Design, London, £65k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £60000 - £65000 per annum, London
- Strategic Marketing Manager, London Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £45000 per annum, Benefits: +Fantastic benefits, London
- Creative Designer fishtank £30000 - £34000 per annum, Cambridge
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham