Poppy Manning, TBWA\London
campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 01 May 2014 11:37AM
Poppy Manning 29 head of broadcast, TBWA\London
After getting the advertising production bug when helping out her father, who was an ad location caterer, Manning did paid freelance work as a teenager while still at university. In her first full-time role, she produced ads for Camelot, BT, Sainsbury’s and Guinness at Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO before moving to Anomaly, where she worked on music videos and 3D ads for Sony.
Since joining TBWA\London in September last year as its head of broadcast, Manning has impressed with her versatility. "The modern head of broadcast requires much more than the old head of TV," Peter Souter, the chairman of TBWA UK, says. "But Poppy can handle everything from Walt’s [Walter Campbell’s] movie to the 50p Vine clip with equal aplomb."
Manning inherited a massive global project for Infiniti, the car marque, and smoothly navigated everything from typhoon warnings to Chinese regulatory hurdles to produce a beautiful film.
She is passionate about producing the "best-quality work for both the agency and the client", despite the ever-increasing pressure on budgets, and her ambition is to establish a "great, award-winning broadcast department" at TBWA\London.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- ARTWORKER - CREATIVE COMMUNICATIONS AGENCY Live Recruitment Negotiable, City of London
- 2D DESIGNER - LIVE COMMUNCATIONS AGENCY Live Recruitment Negotiable, City of London
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Diageo and BBH end 15-year relationship
- Networking is never easier than in the queue for the toilet
- MEC appoints first head of programmatic strategy
- Blinkx losses sound alarm bells for those in online advertising
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot