Poppy Manning, TBWA\London
campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 01 May 2014 11:37AM
Poppy Manning 29 head of broadcast, TBWA\London
After getting the advertising production bug when helping out her father, who was an ad location caterer, Manning did paid freelance work as a teenager while still at university. In her first full-time role, she produced ads for Camelot, BT, Sainsbury’s and Guinness at Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO before moving to Anomaly, where she worked on music videos and 3D ads for Sony.
Since joining TBWA\London in September last year as its head of broadcast, Manning has impressed with her versatility. "The modern head of broadcast requires much more than the old head of TV," Peter Souter, the chairman of TBWA UK, says. "But Poppy can handle everything from Walt’s [Walter Campbell’s] movie to the 50p Vine clip with equal aplomb."
Manning inherited a massive global project for Infiniti, the car marque, and smoothly navigated everything from typhoon warnings to Chinese regulatory hurdles to produce a beautiful film.
She is passionate about producing the "best-quality work for both the agency and the client", despite the ever-increasing pressure on budgets, and her ambition is to establish a "great, award-winning broadcast department" at TBWA\London.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Digital Designer become £40k-£45k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Twist Recruitment £40000.00 - £43000 per annum + bonus, City of London
- Category Manager FMCG Jarlett de Grouchy £28000 - £38000 per annum + Car Allowance + Bonus + Benefits, Leeds
- FMCG Insight Analyst Jarlett de Grouchy £22000 - £28000 per annum + Car Allowance + Bonus + Benefits, Leeds
- Senior Marketing Manager EMR | Specialist Marketing Recruitment £60000 per annum + Bonus + Car Allowance + Profit Shares, Hertfordshire
- The man who made Grey matter
- Yorkshire Tea launches £5 million campaign
- Eric Cantona to swim Channel if Brits agree Kronenbourg 1664 is best beer
- Beacons installed on 500 London buses by Exterion Media
- Heineken selects Publicis Worldwide to be lead global creative agency
- MediaCom's Lisa Humphreys flies flag for media in '35 women under 35' list