Philippa Girling, Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO
campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 01 May 2014 12:22PM
Philippa Girling 26 account manager, Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO
After less than three years in advertising, Girling (pictured, above) was chosen to work at Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO’s flagship client, Sainsbury’s, for six months. She led campaigns from the crowdsourced "Christmas in a day" documentary to food-labelling initiatives, and impressed the client’s team managing high-profile projects with a confidence and ability unusual for someone so new in their role.
Girling works solely on Sainsbury’s, and picks "Christmas in a day" – which was the most socially engaging campaign in the supermarket’s history – as a highlight: "It was such a unique experience to work on a project like that for a retail brand – from physically dispatching the cameras off to people’s homes and then anxiously waiting before seeing the amazing results."
Girling joined AMV as a trainee in 2011 after a degree in English and French and placements at agencies including JWT in Paris. Back at AMV, she has also managed other brand initiatives such as the Basics campaign, which smashed the brand’s tracking metrics.
She says her best piece of career advice was from AMV’s group chairman, Cilla Snowball: "Relationships make businesses."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Studio Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £29000 - £32000 per annum, Warwickshire
- Martin Sorrell earns 780 times more than average WPP employee
- 3 top tips on how to save an epic social media fail
- Lake Capital rejects demands of Engine's rebel shareholders
- Head lice-killing mousse launches in the UK with cartoon campaign
- Facebook's 'Buy' button: a leap too far?
- Beiersdorf postpones review after MAA criticisms of procedure