Philippa Girling, Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO
campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 01 May 2014 12:22PM
Philippa Girling 26 account manager, Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO
After less than three years in advertising, Girling (pictured, above) was chosen to work at Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO’s flagship client, Sainsbury’s, for six months. She led campaigns from the crowdsourced "Christmas in a day" documentary to food-labelling initiatives, and impressed the client’s team managing high-profile projects with a confidence and ability unusual for someone so new in their role.
Girling works solely on Sainsbury’s, and picks "Christmas in a day" – which was the most socially engaging campaign in the supermarket’s history – as a highlight: "It was such a unique experience to work on a project like that for a retail brand – from physically dispatching the cameras off to people’s homes and then anxiously waiting before seeing the amazing results."
Girling joined AMV as a trainee in 2011 after a degree in English and French and placements at agencies including JWT in Paris. Back at AMV, she has also managed other brand initiatives such as the Basics campaign, which smashed the brand’s tracking metrics.
She says her best piece of career advice was from AMV’s group chairman, Cilla Snowball: "Relationships make businesses."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Field Manager - Experiential Agency - up to £34k Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £34k, west london
- Senior Account Director/Group Account Director Twist Recruitment £48000.00 - £65000.00 per annum + great benefits, City of London
- Digital Lead with Integrated Agency Gemini Search £60000 - £75000 per annum, City of London
- Product Manager - Global Automotive Giant - Berkshire Ninesharp £40000 - £50000 per annum + Great Benefits and Brand Car, Slough
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- McDonald's launches 40th anniversary campaign
- TalkTalk to launch user-generated X Factor idents
- Celebrity Cruises opts for Goodstuff
- Watch Harvey Keitel's Wolf bark again in new Direct Line ads