Philippa Girling, Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO
campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 01 May 2014 12:22PM
Philippa Girling 26 account manager, Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO
After less than three years in advertising, Girling (pictured, above) was chosen to work at Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO’s flagship client, Sainsbury’s, for six months. She led campaigns from the crowdsourced "Christmas in a day" documentary to food-labelling initiatives, and impressed the client’s team managing high-profile projects with a confidence and ability unusual for someone so new in their role.
Girling works solely on Sainsbury’s, and picks "Christmas in a day" – which was the most socially engaging campaign in the supermarket’s history – as a highlight: "It was such a unique experience to work on a project like that for a retail brand – from physically dispatching the cameras off to people’s homes and then anxiously waiting before seeing the amazing results."
Girling joined AMV as a trainee in 2011 after a degree in English and French and placements at agencies including JWT in Paris. Back at AMV, she has also managed other brand initiatives such as the Basics campaign, which smashed the brand’s tracking metrics.
She says her best piece of career advice was from AMV’s group chairman, Cilla Snowball: "Relationships make businesses."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Digital Account Manager (Surrey) become £35k, Surrey
- Digital Designer Developer become £25k - 28k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy to step down in 2017 amid board shake-up
- 18 Feet & Rising wins Skoda digital brief