Philippa Girling, Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO
campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 01 May 2014 12:22PM
Philippa Girling 26 account manager, Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO
After less than three years in advertising, Girling (pictured, above) was chosen to work at Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO’s flagship client, Sainsbury’s, for six months. She led campaigns from the crowdsourced "Christmas in a day" documentary to food-labelling initiatives, and impressed the client’s team managing high-profile projects with a confidence and ability unusual for someone so new in their role.
Girling works solely on Sainsbury’s, and picks "Christmas in a day" – which was the most socially engaging campaign in the supermarket’s history – as a highlight: "It was such a unique experience to work on a project like that for a retail brand – from physically dispatching the cameras off to people’s homes and then anxiously waiting before seeing the amazing results."
Girling joined AMV as a trainee in 2011 after a degree in English and French and placements at agencies including JWT in Paris. Back at AMV, she has also managed other brand initiatives such as the Basics campaign, which smashed the brand’s tracking metrics.
She says her best piece of career advice was from AMV’s group chairman, Cilla Snowball: "Relationships make businesses."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Agency Account Executive - truly exciting multi-solution sell Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum + Bonus + great benefits, West End
- Agency Group Head - exciting real-time social platform! Ultimate Asset £60000 - £70000 per annum + bonus, West End
- HEAD OF PROJECTS - DIGITAL AGENCY Live Recruitment Negotiable, City of London
- Ecommerce Content Manager - Travel brand - £40K + bonus Salt £38000 - £42000 per annum, London
- SEO/Social Media Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £23-28k + Benefits, Manchester
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- Twitter to embrace power of TV in UK ad campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy