Philippa Girling, Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO
campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 01 May 2014 12:22PM
Philippa Girling 26 account manager, Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO
After less than three years in advertising, Girling (pictured, above) was chosen to work at Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO’s flagship client, Sainsbury’s, for six months. She led campaigns from the crowdsourced "Christmas in a day" documentary to food-labelling initiatives, and impressed the client’s team managing high-profile projects with a confidence and ability unusual for someone so new in their role.
Girling works solely on Sainsbury’s, and picks "Christmas in a day" – which was the most socially engaging campaign in the supermarket’s history – as a highlight: "It was such a unique experience to work on a project like that for a retail brand – from physically dispatching the cameras off to people’s homes and then anxiously waiting before seeing the amazing results."
Girling joined AMV as a trainee in 2011 after a degree in English and French and placements at agencies including JWT in Paris. Back at AMV, she has also managed other brand initiatives such as the Basics campaign, which smashed the brand’s tracking metrics.
She says her best piece of career advice was from AMV’s group chairman, Cilla Snowball: "Relationships make businesses."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager/Account Director Reuben Sinclair £40000 - £55000 per hour + Bonus + Excellent Benefits, London
- Head of Digital Design. #BANNERCAMPAIGNS #EMAILDESIGNS Creative Recruitment £50000 - £55000 per annum, London
- Digital Project Manager. #WEBBUILDS #MOBILEAPPS #TABLETAPPS Creative Recruitment £35000 - £45000 per annum, Berkshire
- JUNIOR DIGITAL DESIGNER #ESHOTS #WEBDESIGN #SOCIALMEDIA Creative Recruitment £25000 per annum, London