Spotify parts ways with European leader Chris Maples
Chris Maples, vice president of Europe at Spotify, has left his role with the music company after three years, Media Week understands.
Maples joined Spotify in 2011 as the UK managing director running its London office and developing its sales and marketing teams.
A popular and well known ambassador at both business and consumer-facing events, Maples has been a key driver of Spotify's business throughout the region.
His exit comes as Spotify chases aggressive commercial targets amid mounting speculation of a possible stock market flotation this autumn.
The six year old Swedish music-streaming company is reported to already have had talks with some investment banks about a possible IPO.
Spotify has $538m of funding behind it and in its last set of financials, for 2012, revealed annual revenues of $577.1m and a net loss of $77.9m.
The company's business model is based on providing both an ad-funded free option and a premium subscription service.
Prior to Spotify, Maples was commercial director of Microsoft Advertising where he was responsible for all display, network, search ad serving and analytics business in the UK.
He has also worked at Maiden Outdoor, Bauer Media, Flextech and Channel 4, having started his career staring at ITV's first sales house TSMS.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- EMEA Sales Consultant - IT Media Lead Generation Ultimate Asset £20000 - £40000 per annum + Uncapped Commission, London
- Consumer & Shopper Insight Manager(s) Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £45K-£60K + Car Allowance + Bonus, Herts/North of London
- SEO Account Manager Aspire £35000.00 - £40000.00 per annum, London
- Head of Digital Acquisition Source £45000 - £50000 per annum, London