Guardian launches £41m bid for Jazz FM
By Staff,, brandrepublic.com, Tuesday, 07 May 2002 08:55AM
LONDON - The Guardian Media Group has launched a £41m bid for Jazz FM, which is backed by shareholders in the radio station.
Guardian Media, which owns The Guardian and Observer newspapers, is offering 180p a share, a 29% premium on Friday's 139.5p closing price.
Paul Myners, chairman of Guardian Media, said the bid will give Jazz FM the economies of scale it needs to compete effectively in the UK radio industry.
Guardian Media already owns 18.5% of Jazz FM and said it had struck an agreement with US media group Clear Channel International, which owns 30.9% of the station.
"This, together with Guardian Media's excellent track record of managing radio stations, will benefit the business and its employees. The offer gives Jazz FM shareholders full and fair value, liquidity and certainty. We have made contact with the board of Jazz FM and are seeking their recommendation of the offer," Myners said.
The 12-year-old radio station broadcasts jazz, blues and soul music in London and the North-West. In 2001, it made a pre-tax profit of £134,000.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- DIGITAL DESIGNER - INTEGRATED AGENCY Live Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, City of London
- Senior Account Manager - Integrated Spectrum 360 Recruitment £33k - £42k, London (Greater)
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Tango returns to advertising after two years with off-brand TV ad