Mother spoofs Levi's spot in Lilt's summer ad campaign
By CAMILLA PALMER, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 21 June 2002 12:00AM
Mother's summer campaign for Coca-Cola's Lilt brand features its trademark laughing ladies running through walls in a direct pastiche of Levi's "odyssey cinema and TV spot.
The Lilt characters, Hazel and Blanche, run through an entire apartment block, ambushing people going about their daily lives, before breaking out into the open and coming up against two palm trees. Instead of running up the trunks and bursting into the sky - as in the Levi's spot - the women slump against the trees giggling, felling one.
Mother's spot, which breaks on 28 June, was directed by Spectre's Danny Kleinman. It uses the same music as Bartle Bogle Hegarty's Jonathan Glazer-directed ad, which was Levi's most expensive campaign.
The ad will aim to maximise Lilt's exposure during its key summer sales period, when it comes up against other fruit carbonates such as Tango and Fanta. A heavyweight TV strategy was chosen to remind consumers about Lilt in the most powerful way.
"Lilt is very much a part of UK summertime, and has held its own in a decade of high activity in the market. The Lilt ladies make light of serious issues. The pastiche is a gentle piss-take of a beautifully made ad, whose creators were nothing but helpful, Mother's Andy Medd said.
The ad was written and art directed by Mother, and planned and bought by BBJ.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Comms Acount Director- Leading Beauty FMCG - £55K Ultimate Asset £45000 - £55000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Account Manager - SPORTS BRAND - £35K Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Account Manager! BRAND LED ACCOUNTS!! Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager - Branding up to £39k Network Career Consultants £30000 - £39000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Want a tactical ad? Should have gone to Specsavers
- Maxus confirmed as world's fastest growing media agency
- Greenpeace dresses up cats to help save tigers from extinction
- Why 2014 won't be the year of mobile advertising
- ITV's Adam Crozier: 'Work to be done' after losing out to C4 during World Cup
- Palestinian and Israeli bereaved families unite for 'anti-conflict' film