DIARY: Arnold covers back in giant condom assault with UFO spotters ruse
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 09 August 2002 12:00AM
Visitors to the beautiful village of Cerne Abbas in Dorset will know about the man with the enormous appendage who lives on a nearby hill.
But unless you've been there this week, you won't have seen the chalk-carved Cerne Giant's latest attire - a 22-foot-long condom.
This was provided by the Family Planning Association as part of its mission to promote condom-wearing. Staff from its aptly named agency Feel donned balaclavas and spent Sunday night rolling the enormous latex sheet down the Giant's member. "It is the most famous cock in the world, the Feel founder and former Saatchi & Saatchi integrated creative director, Chris Arnold, puffed. In case of any problems, he suggested the team disguise themselves as ... UFO spotters.
"We had a weirdy book in the car and made some fake club membership cards. We thought the police wouldn't arrest us if we looked like nutters, he chirps.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Account Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 per annum, City of London
- Display Campaign Executive - Top 3 Digital Agency Reuben Sinclair bonus, benefits, pension, healthcare, N1 London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager - Digital Products Future £competitive with excellent benefits, Bath
- Digital Display Manager - Fab Agency! GoodEgg Digital £Neg+ great benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- CRM and Business Data Analyst Ninesharp £32000 - £40000 per annum + Great Benefits, Slough
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Breast Cancer Campaign crowd-sources videos for 'wear it pink' campaign
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy