DIARY: Arnold covers back in giant condom assault with UFO spotters ruse
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 09 August 2002 12:00AM
Visitors to the beautiful village of Cerne Abbas in Dorset will know about the man with the enormous appendage who lives on a nearby hill.
But unless you've been there this week, you won't have seen the chalk-carved Cerne Giant's latest attire - a 22-foot-long condom.
This was provided by the Family Planning Association as part of its mission to promote condom-wearing. Staff from its aptly named agency Feel donned balaclavas and spent Sunday night rolling the enormous latex sheet down the Giant's member. "It is the most famous cock in the world, the Feel founder and former Saatchi & Saatchi integrated creative director, Chris Arnold, puffed. In case of any problems, he suggested the team disguise themselves as ... UFO spotters.
"We had a weirdy book in the car and made some fake club membership cards. We thought the police wouldn't arrest us if we looked like nutters, he chirps.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Marketing Events Coordinator Ball & Hoolahan £29,000 + bens, London
- Senior Marketing Campaign Executive Visit Britain Circa £33,000, London
- Senior Campaign Marketing Manager Visit Britain Circa £45,000, London
- Tech PR AD Needed - Global PR Agency! Digital Gurus £40000 - £50000 per annum + BENS, London
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014
- Evian tops YouTube 2013 ad leaderboard
- Watch: The Economist's interactive Nelson Mandela film