DIARY: Arnold covers back in giant condom assault with UFO spotters ruse
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 09 August 2002 12:00AM
Visitors to the beautiful village of Cerne Abbas in Dorset will know about the man with the enormous appendage who lives on a nearby hill.
But unless you've been there this week, you won't have seen the chalk-carved Cerne Giant's latest attire - a 22-foot-long condom.
This was provided by the Family Planning Association as part of its mission to promote condom-wearing. Staff from its aptly named agency Feel donned balaclavas and spent Sunday night rolling the enormous latex sheet down the Giant's member. "It is the most famous cock in the world, the Feel founder and former Saatchi & Saatchi integrated creative director, Chris Arnold, puffed. In case of any problems, he suggested the team disguise themselves as ... UFO spotters.
"We had a weirdy book in the car and made some fake club membership cards. We thought the police wouldn't arrest us if we looked like nutters, he chirps.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Social Media Account Director Source £4000 - £55000 per annum, London
- Paid Social Media Executive - £20k - £25k - Manchester Adam Recruitment £20000 - £25000 per annum, Manchester
- Senior Account Executive Pitch Consultants £18000 - £22000 per annum, Coventry