DIARY: Arnold covers back in giant condom assault with UFO spotters ruse
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 09 August 2002 12:00AM
Visitors to the beautiful village of Cerne Abbas in Dorset will know about the man with the enormous appendage who lives on a nearby hill.
But unless you've been there this week, you won't have seen the chalk-carved Cerne Giant's latest attire - a 22-foot-long condom.
This was provided by the Family Planning Association as part of its mission to promote condom-wearing. Staff from its aptly named agency Feel donned balaclavas and spent Sunday night rolling the enormous latex sheet down the Giant's member. "It is the most famous cock in the world, the Feel founder and former Saatchi & Saatchi integrated creative director, Chris Arnold, puffed. In case of any problems, he suggested the team disguise themselves as ... UFO spotters.
"We had a weirdy book in the car and made some fake club membership cards. We thought the police wouldn't arrest us if we looked like nutters, he chirps.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Search / Biddable Exec - Full-Service Agency Silverdrum up to £30,000 + benefits, London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance , South East England
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 + Car/Car Allowance , South East England
- Assistant Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £35,000 per annum , South East England
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance , South East England
Agency: McCann Erickson
- Watch: The Post Office's first Christmas TV campaign in five years
- Tesco Clubcard uses Twitter to pick out Christmas gift ideas
- Samsung launches first Christmas TV campaign in the UK
- BBH London promotes Caroline Pay to deputy ECD
- O2 launches 'walk' campaign with Ed Sheeran
- ASA bans 'strongly sexual' Giffgaff ad