Domino's sales increase with every TV ad
By Claire Billings,, brandrepublic.com, Friday, 15 February 2002 03:36PM
LONDON - Domino's Pizza has revealed that pizza sales increase 30% whenever one of its TV ads appears on Channel 4.
The ads are part of a £5m campaign launched at the beginning of the year, promoting a special offer of any pizza for £9.99.
The campaign was launched in an attempt to boost sales after Christmas, which is a traditionally quiet period for the pizza delivery chain after its busiest time of the year in the run-up to the festive season.
Domino's funds its advertising through a fund into which each UK store contributes a percentage, based on how much their sales increase.
Speaking at the company's full-year results, Domino's CEO Stephen Hemsley said: "It's a virtuous circle. Every shop puts in 4% of its sales into the advertising budget, so the more successful the ads are, the more we have to spend on them.
"By the time we get to 500 outlets, there may be an even greater potential -- there are 1,100 McDonald's in the UK."
The company said full-year pre-tax profits rose 31% to £2.9m on turnover of £43.9m, up 35% on last time.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand
Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- SEO Manager - FMCG Account - Stand-Out Global Media Agency Ultimate Asset £30000 - £36000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account Manager - top agency in Leeds Perfect Marketing People To £32K, Leeds
- Online Marketing Executive - global business services giant Perfect Marketing People To £25k, Manchester
- Digital Marketing Manager Salt £40000 - £50000 per annum + bonus, London