Domino's sales increase with every TV ad
By Claire Billings,, brandrepublic.com, Friday, 15 February 2002 03:36PM
LONDON - Domino's Pizza has revealed that pizza sales increase 30% whenever one of its TV ads appears on Channel 4.
The ads are part of a £5m campaign launched at the beginning of the year, promoting a special offer of any pizza for £9.99.
The campaign was launched in an attempt to boost sales after Christmas, which is a traditionally quiet period for the pizza delivery chain after its busiest time of the year in the run-up to the festive season.
Domino's funds its advertising through a fund into which each UK store contributes a percentage, based on how much their sales increase.
Speaking at the company's full-year results, Domino's CEO Stephen Hemsley said: "It's a virtuous circle. Every shop puts in 4% of its sales into the advertising budget, so the more successful the ads are, the more we have to spend on them.
"By the time we get to 500 outlets, there may be an even greater potential -- there are 1,100 McDonald's in the UK."
The company said full-year pre-tax profits rose 31% to £2.9m on turnover of £43.9m, up 35% on last time.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand
Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Paid Social Manager Lipton Fleming £32000 - £42000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- Events Marketing Manager Stopgap £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Agency Account Manager/Director (Outdoor) Lipton Fleming £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + 25% bonus, London
- Head of Brand Marketing Stopgap £60000 - £70000 per annum + benefits, Surrey
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart