RKCR/Y&R ads unveil the Actimel challenge
By MARK SWENEY, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 10 January 2003 12:00AM
The drinkable yoghurt brand Danone Actimel is targeting consumers looking to adopt a healthy lifestyle in the New Year with a new campaign through Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R.
The multimedia campaign for the health-focused pro-biotic drink features two 20-second television executions, and will also run on bus sides nationally and London Underground tube card panels.
Actimel's main rival is the Japanese health drink giant Yakult, and the product also faces competition from brands launched by Muller and St Ivel.
The campaign focuses on the brand idea "The Actimel Challenge. Give it a Go", and challenges consumers to try the drink every day for two weeks to see how much better they feel. The parent, Danone, is offering consumers their money back if they don't feel a difference. The multimedia activity will also include a website for consumers to find out the benefits over time of taking up the challenge.
One execution opens on a typical winter morning. A woman is seen standing at a kitchen window watching snow fall as she drinks a bottle of Actimel.
The scene cuts to a snow-covered hill with parents and children lined up outside a school gate.
The woman is seen sliding down the hill using her briefcase for a sled, halting outside the gate and surprising onlookers by walking into the school to teach classes.
"January is a key time for people trying to establish new habits and sticking to New Year's resolutions," Cath Pickering, the marketing director for Danone Dairy, said. "Actimel is a simple, healthy habit to maintain. We are challenging consumers to try Actimel for two weeks and see the benefits for themselves."
The television spots were written by Tim Cordell, art directed by Alex Bamford and directed by Jon Greenhalgh of Stark Films.
Media planning is by Mediaedge:cia with buying by Carat.
RKCR/Y&R also handles the advertising for Danone's Activia and Baby Actimel brands.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Digital Media Consultant Silverdrum £25,000 - £35,000 depending on experience + uncapped commission, London (Greater)
- Account Director - B2B and IT David Thatcher Recruitment £45-55k, West London, M40 Corridor
Agency: Wieden & Kennedy New York
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show