Center Parcs in talks over £4m media task
By JEREMY LEE, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 17 January 2003 12:00AM
Center Parcs is in talks with agencies as it prepares to review its £4 million media account.
The short-break holiday specialist, which also owns the Oasis Holidays chain, currently uses Zenith Media.
However, it is understood that Center Parcs' sales and marketing director, Jennie Ayres, has instigated talks with the media consultant Billetts and is preparing a full-scale review of the account.
Center Parcs operates three of its branded holiday villages in the United Kingdom with one run under the Oasis name. The company primarily targets families but has also attempted to get a slice of the corporate market.
The first village, Sherwood Forest, opened in 1987.
Last January, Center Parcs dismissed Bates from its UK account and appointed Burkitt DDB. Bates had also previously handled media strategy but this was won by Zenith in August of the previous year.
Last month, Center Parcs appointed WWAV Rapp Collins North to overhaul its customer marketing activity. Previous DM agency relationships include Euro RSCG Direct.
The UK division of Center Parcs was acquired from Scottish & Newcastle by Deutsche Bank in 2001, separating the UK and European businesses. Bates continued to handle the European account.
No-one at Center Parcs or Zenith was available for comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Web Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Database Marketing Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Marketing Assistant Brand Recruitment £17000 - £20000 per annum + great benefits, Hemel Hempstead
- Client Director, global branding agency, London, £80k Gabriele Skelton £75000 - £85000 per annum, London
- Marketing Manager British Swimming circa £36,000 per annum (dependent on experience), London (Greater)