Magnus Djaba exits O&M for Fallon role as account director
By Jeremy Lee, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 14 March 2003 12:00AM
Magnus Djaba, the new-business director of Ogilvy & Mather, is leaving the agency after six years to join Fallon as an account director.
At Fallon, Djaba, 29, will take charge of the agency's Velvet, Timberland and BBC accounts, while retaining some responsibility for new business.
Djaba joined O&M in 1997. He left the main agency briefly in 2001 to become part of the management team of O&M's spin-off agency, English.
However, English folded after just seven months and Djaba, who had been in charge of its account planning and handling, returned to O&M and took the position of new-business director.
"Each account at Fallon has great work; there are no skeletons," Djaba said.
"When you watch the reel, each piece of work resonates - it's not just funny, but true to the brand and how consumers understand it," he added.
Djaba started his career at IMP, working on Masterfoods and National Australia Group Banks. He later joined O&M to work on Lever Faberge's Impulse, among other brands.
Laurence Green, Fallon's planning partner, added: "Magnus is a new-school account director - smart, collaborative and passionate about creative work."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Account Director > ATL > TOP LONDON AGENCY collectivo £55,000 - £65,000, London
- planner > HUGE opportunity > BRAVE client collectivo Up to £60,000 + benefits, London (Greater)
- Foodie Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Project Manager (senior) Corporate Communications Recruitment circa £55k, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Consultant Corporate Communications Recruitment £70-£80k base plus bonus and package, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Greater)
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham