Heineken 5% Premium launches in five cities
By Rebecca Beer, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 21 March 2003 12:00AM
Clemmow Hornby Inge is kicking off its £5 million launch of Heineken's new product, "5% Premium" lager, with a multimedia blitz featuring parachuting beer kegs.
The first phase of the campaign will announce the UK arrival of Heineken's 5% Premium product by targeting consumers in their social drinking environments.
Heavyweight activity will focus on the main drinking districts of five major UK cities.
The campaign is the first for the brand by CHI since the account moved from Lowe last year. Outdoor activity introduces the theme of beer kegs that have been parachuted out of the sky on their way from Holland.
"Builder" features a builder who is pleasantly surprised at the arrival of the new lager, despite the fact the keg has fallen into his wet cement.
"Runner" features a runner who is ecstatic, despite having been knocked over by a keg. In "car", a keg has smashed through the windscreen of a young woman's sports car, but she doesn't mind.
All three spots are rubber-stamped with: "Premium 5% Heineken now here."
The outdoor work will be supported by activity across bar plasma screens, trade press, in-store supermarket displays and PR stunts involving trucks and kegs. Activity across London, Birmingham, Liverpool, Leeds and Manchester will include poster sites featuring a three-metre giant keg and parachute.
Other work will run across TV, outdoor, cinema, radio and online.
Media planning and buying for the campaign is through MindShare. The outdoor work was written by Alex Ball and art directed by Christer Andersson.
Leslie Meredith, Heineken UK's head of marketing, said: "CHI has given us an excellent creative idea that we have been able to carry through the line."
Malcolm Russell, MindShare's planning business director, added: "We have targeted routes into 'drinking villages' and have further sought to dramatise the arrival of 5% Premium in these social hubs."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- PR Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £35000 - £40000 per annum + benefits, London
- Digital Planner Buyer - Revolutionary Media Agency!! Ultimate Asset £22000 - £25000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits , City of London
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy to step down in 2017 amid board shake-up
- 18 Feet & Rising wins Skoda digital brief