Ask Jeeves to sponsor ITV's I'm a Celebrity website
By Claire Billings,, brandrepublic.com, Tuesday, 22 April 2003 03:00PM
LONDON - Ask Jeeves is sponsoring the 'I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here' website to coincide with the second series of the reality TV show on ITV1, which launches later this month.
The site goes live in time for the new series, which begins on April 28. It will broadcast up-to-date news and gossip about the 10 celebrities stuck in the Australian jungle, video-clip highlights and a competition.
The sponsorship includes branding on every page of the site and the Ask Jeeves search engine will be incorporated into relevant areas.
Aylin Savkan, vice-president of marketing and product strategy at Ask Jeeves UK, said: "Our association with the programme allows viewers to find out more about the contestants and general entertainment news and gossip by searching the internet. We believe Jeeves is the perfect compliment to this particular TV show".
The confirmed line-up of celebrities signed up for the show so far ranges from former 80s pop star Toyah Wilcox, famed for her bright orange hair and thick black make-up, to former 'TFI Friday' presenter Catalina Guirado. Also appearing are former 'EastEnder' Danniella Westbrook; ex-'Coronation Street' star Chris Bisson; cricketer Phil Tufnell; dancer Wayne Sleep; 'Changing Rooms' designer Linda Barker; weather girl Sian Lloyd; ex-footballer John Fashanu; and TV chef Antony Worrall Thompson.
The show is to be hosted by Ant & Dec with guest presenter Tara Palmer Tomkinson, runner-up in last year's show, which was won by ageing DJ Tony Blackburn.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Assistant Brand Manager Stopgap £30000 per annum, London