Media Insight builds V brand in £1m I'm A Celebrity promotion
By Jeremy Lee, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 25 April 2003 12:00AM
Media Insight has won the media contract for the V energy drink and is relaunching the brand with a sponsorship of ITV1's I'm A Celebrity ... Get Me Out Of Here!
The Frucor Beverages-owned drink has been inactive since 2001, when it spent £4.5 million on its advertising. However, it is returning in an attempt to challenge Red Bull's stranglehold on the UK energy drinks market and the £1 million sponsorship of ITV1's flagship spring entertainment show is the centrepiece of this attack.
Despite winning audiences of more than 11 million and critical acclaim, the first series of I'm a Celebrity ... failed to attract a sponsor. The second series, which starts on 28 April, features celebrities including Daniella Westbrook, Wayne Sleep, Sian Lloyd and Antony Worrall Thompson.
Toby Jenner, the managing director at Media Insight, said: "In such a hugely competitive market where one player has almost a 70 per cent share, we needed an opportunity that allows V to assume 'thought leadership' of the category. Celebrity, we believe, will allow us to do just that, through not only the sponsorship but also online, promotions, public relations and licensing."
V is the market-leading energy drink in Australasia and outsells Red Bull by a ratio of three to one in New Zealand and Australia. Despite Red Bull's dominance of the UK energy drinks market, it has attracted some controversy over the levels of caffeine it contains.
V is positioned as a more mainstream and healthy alternative to Red Bull.
It contains the natural stimulant guarana and vitamin B and has the same caffeine levels as a cup of coffee.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Email Marketing Executive Kingsgate Recruitment to £25,000 - £30,000, Wimbledon Park, London (Greater)
- Senior AV Planner Aspire £28000.00 - £32000.00 per annum, London
- Marketing Executive Kingsgate Recruitment to £25,000 - £30,000, Clapham Town, London (Greater)
- POS Assistant Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £32000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Client Services Director - Sydney Australia Twist Recruitment £105000 per annum, Eastern Suburbs Sydney
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity
- Tiffany & Co hires MEC for $100m global media
- Mattessons Fridge Raiders campaign delivers AI robot to YouTube gamer
- Facebook and Airbnb sign up to D&AD New Blood
- HSBC launches Anyone's Game golf campaign