Media Insight builds V brand in £1m I'm A Celebrity promotion
By Jeremy Lee, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 25 April 2003 12:00AM
Media Insight has won the media contract for the V energy drink and is relaunching the brand with a sponsorship of ITV1's I'm A Celebrity ... Get Me Out Of Here!
The Frucor Beverages-owned drink has been inactive since 2001, when it spent £4.5 million on its advertising. However, it is returning in an attempt to challenge Red Bull's stranglehold on the UK energy drinks market and the £1 million sponsorship of ITV1's flagship spring entertainment show is the centrepiece of this attack.
Despite winning audiences of more than 11 million and critical acclaim, the first series of I'm a Celebrity ... failed to attract a sponsor. The second series, which starts on 28 April, features celebrities including Daniella Westbrook, Wayne Sleep, Sian Lloyd and Antony Worrall Thompson.
Toby Jenner, the managing director at Media Insight, said: "In such a hugely competitive market where one player has almost a 70 per cent share, we needed an opportunity that allows V to assume 'thought leadership' of the category. Celebrity, we believe, will allow us to do just that, through not only the sponsorship but also online, promotions, public relations and licensing."
V is the market-leading energy drink in Australasia and outsells Red Bull by a ratio of three to one in New Zealand and Australia. Despite Red Bull's dominance of the UK energy drinks market, it has attracted some controversy over the levels of caffeine it contains.
V is positioned as a more mainstream and healthy alternative to Red Bull.
It contains the natural stimulant guarana and vitamin B and has the same caffeine levels as a cup of coffee.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Retail Store Designer Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £30000 - £33000 per annum + bonus and benefits, London
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show