Emap appoints Daisley to head OneNation sales team
By Claire Billings,, brandrepublic.com, Friday, 30 May 2003 11:00AM
LONDON - Emap has promoted Bruce Daisley to the post of national brand sales director, where he will be responsible for heading up its recently unveiled youth radio sales team OneNation.
Daisley will be responsible for the launch of the OneNation sales team, which sells radio airtime to advertisers trying to reach the under-35 age group across the digital platforms of its youth brands Kiss, Smash Hits and Kerrang!.
He will also oversee the national sales teams of traffic information system Trafficlink, the recently launched Smash Hits Chart and its Student Broadcast Network.
Daisley has been at Emap since 1993, when he joined the media sales and marketing division. He has also worked on the formation of Emap's broadcast operations Emap On Air and, in 1999, he became national commercial manager of its internet business.
In his new role, he will report to Emap Advertising's broadcast sales controller Karen Stacey, who in turn reports to Tim Bleakley, broadcast sales director.
Bleakley said: "Emap Advertising's new national digital brands of Kiss, Kerrang! and Smash Hits had a historic first Rajar, with Kiss putting on over a million listeners via its digital distribution platforms. Bruce will lead the team that will turn this Rajar into revenue and lead the market in selling and marketing what the RAB is describing as 'new radio'."
Bleakley sits on the Emap Advertising board, alongside managing director Dave King, magazine sales director Teresa Coligan and Zoe Bartlett, the recently appointed new-business director.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Freelance Web Developer Major Players £200 - £350 per day, City of London
- Account Director Dynamic New Alliances £50000.00 per annum, City of London
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- Guardian launches three-tier membership scheme
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Sky boosts Sky AdSmart's targeting capabilities for advertisers
- 5 key trends from Dmexco 2014