DIARY: Retired major sets up a brothel on Hovis Hill for some extra dough
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 01 August 2003 12:00AM
You know there must be something desperately wrong with the world when the words Hovis and brothel appear together in a story.
It would seem the once-quiet village of Gold Hill, Dorset (the location used by Ridley Scott for his 1974 Hovis ad featuring a weary baker's boy trudging home for tea) - is anything but sleepy these days.
Indeed, the picturesque location, once synonymous with wholesomeness and nostalgia, has in the 21st century become a hotbed for high-class sex sessions.
It was revealed this week that a retired army major had been trying to earn some extra cash to pay for his step-daughter's boarding school fees by running an upmarket brothel on "Hovis Hill".
Visitors could expect to pay from £350 to £2,000 for Jilly Bywaters' services - proof, if any were needed, that it now costs a considerable amount more for a roll on the hill than it did back in 1974.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior copywriter story uk limited Negotiable depending on experience, Edinburgh
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Senior Planner / Strategist - Blockbuster Campaigns! ADLIB competitive salary / day rate, Southampton
- Head of eCommerce - Fast Growing British Footwear Fashion Brand Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary Package + Bonuses (Based on skills & experience), London (West), London (Greater)
- Creative Artworker:(Retail, Print, Digital, InDesign,Photoshop) Creative Recruitment £25000 - £28000 per annum, London