CAMPAIGN MEDIA AWARDS 2003: The Capital Radio Group Award - Best Total Communications Programme
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 28 November 2003 12:00AM
WINNER Title: The Number 118 118 Media agency: Naked Communications Media strategists: Yusuf Chuku, Trudi Adonis, Anthony Swede, Juliette Hughes Client: The Number (UK) Ltd Brand/product: The Number 118 118 Marketing director: Alexandra Lewis
The Number's runners needed to appear everywhere before the 192 directory enquiries switch-off. Naked sought to establish the runners as "the people's heroes" hanging 118 vests on washing lines so the public could join in, stirring interest from the press. Actors playing the runners appeared at high-profile events.
Title: Vodafone live! Send it Like Beckham
Media agency: OMD UK
Media director: Matthew White
Media planner: Richard Murkin
Creative agency: J. Walter Thompson
Creative director: David Rossiter
Account director: Joseph Petyrn
Account planner: Sally Burrell
Marketing director: Guy Phillipson
Media/brand manager: David Perry
Last to market, Vodafone live! became the number one network for picture messaging within a month of launch. Demonstration and interaction were the focus of the campaign. David Beckham was shown using a Vodafone live! handset in press, TV, cinema and outdoor ads. Every channel had an interactive element. A "virtual handset" ran online and an interactive TV ad on Sky offered a handset deal.
Title: Fray Bentos "Real Bloke Challenge"
Media Agency: Naked Communications
Media strategists: Gavin May, Matt Hardisty, Hannah Measures
Creative Agency: Mother
Client: Campbell's Grocery Products Ltd
Brand/product: Fray Bentos
Marketing director: Tim Perman
Media/brand manager: Karen Dymock
During the campaign's run, sales rose by 12 per cent and 72 per cent of consumers asked said they were more likely to buy Fray Bentos after seeing The Fray Bentos Real Bloke Challenge Roadshow, a contest to identify the UK's "Real Blokes".
Naked has been asked to repeat the campaign next year - but this time with a doubled budget.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Project Manager - Independent Agency -London - £28k-£35k Fill Recruitment £28,000-£35,000, London (Greater)
- Data & Analytics Director Lipton Fleming £100000 - £120000 per annum + handsome benefits, London
- Creative Designer/Artworker Creative Recruitment £25000 - £27000 per annum, City of London
- SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - COULD BE PART TIME Barker Graves Up to £50k plus bens, South West London close to transport links
- Freelance Content Manager Source £150 - £300 per day, London
- Katharine Viner becomes first female editor-in-chief of Guardian News & Media
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne
- 7 things Proximity has learned in the new Omnicom building