NEWS: Initiative woos Murphy from the Media Centre to fill director role
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 06 September 1996 12:00AM
Initiative Media has strengthened its senior management line-up by poaching Ita Murphy, a board director at the Media Centre, as its new media director.
Initiative Media has strengthened its senior management line-up by
poaching Ita Murphy, a board director at the Media Centre, as its new
Murphy is the first major mainstream media appointment that Initiative’s
chief executive, Phil Georgiadis, has made from outside the Initiative
Murphy, the director responsible for new business at the Media Centre,
is expected to join Initiative in early October.
She will work alongside Initiative’s two existing media directors, Nick
Daly and Graham Appleby.
Georgiadis said: ‘I remember coming up against Ita in a pitch for
Walkers’ media when I was at WCRS. The Media Centre won the business and
the client said that she had played a significant part in its triumph.’
At Initiative, Murphy will take over responsibility for Van den Bergh
Foods and Birds Eye Wall’s. ‘Ita will help us sharpen our client focus,
while building on our improved buying, research and creative resources,’
Murphy said that it was Georgiadis’s management style that first
attracted her to Initiative: ‘Phil is a visionary bloke and is trying to
do things differently. He’s into total communication and that is
something that really excites me.’
Murphy joined DMB&B’s media department - which became the Media Centre -
in 1989. She led the Media Centre’s successful pitches for Walkers in
1993 and Quaker in 1995 and was promoted to the board in 1994.
The Media Centre has confirmed that it will not be directly replacing
Murphy, but will instead be restructuring its own management line-up
within the next few weeks.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Account Manager Purple Consultancy £28000 - £36000 per annum, London
- Client Services Director Purple Consultancy £70000 - £90000 per annum, London
- Account Director Stopgap £55000 per annum, London
- Account Executive Purple Consultancy £20000 - £23000 per annum, London
- Product Marketing Manager Stopgap Competitive Salary + Benefits, London
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Breast Cancer Campaign crowd-sources videos for 'wear it pink' campaign
- Guardian joins forces with Telegraph for media planning tool
- Sir Martin Sorrell labels Omnicom CFO exit 'bizarre'
- OMD lands Liberty Global pan-Euro media
- Haig Club launches David Beckham ad