Saab and Vauxhall to consolidate direct accounts
By Claire Billings,, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 12 January 2004 07:00AM
LONDON - General Motors is looking to consolidate its UK below-the-line accounts for Vauxhall and Saab, held by TBWA\GGT and Draft London respectively, into one agency.
The move is believed to be part of an efficiency drive by the automotive giant to combine its back-office operations, including marketing.
The consolidation is in keeping with the company's decision to centralise its £98m media accounts for Vauxhall, Saab and Daewoo into Initiative last September.
Draft and TBWA\GGT have worked on the accounts for more than five years.
Saab is one of Draft's flagship accounts. Draft's recent work for the marque includes a mailing to 10,000 Saab owners in an attempt to convince them to repurchase the car.
DLKW Dialog, the below-the-line arm of Delaney Lund Knox Warren & Partners, which handles Vauxhall's above-the-line account, has also created some below-the-line projects for Vauxhall, mostly digital.
These include an interactive TV campaign for Vauxhall's 100th birthday. The agency is expected to attempt to secure a slice of the business now under review.
No one at GM was available to comment on the details.
It is not yet clear whether GM will look to consolidate Vauxhall and Saab's above-the-line creative. Vauxhall's creative account is currently split between Lowe and DLKW. Lowe handles Saab and Daewoo is with DFGW.
DLKW has made in-roads into Lowe's grip on the account in the past 12 months and now handles advertising for key brands including Corsa and Astra.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Product and Media Marketing Executive Brand Recruitment £30000 per annum + bonus and benefits, St. Albans
- Martin Sorrell earns 780 times more than average WPP employee
- 3 top tips on how to save an epic social media fail
- Lake Capital rejects demands of Engine's rebel shareholders
- Head lice-killing mousse launches in the UK with cartoon campaign
- Facebook's 'Buy' button: a leap too far?
- Beiersdorf postpones review after MAA criticisms of procedure