Saab and Vauxhall to consolidate direct accounts
By Claire Billings,, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 12 January 2004 07:00AM
LONDON - General Motors is looking to consolidate its UK below-the-line accounts for Vauxhall and Saab, held by TBWA\GGT and Draft London respectively, into one agency.
The move is believed to be part of an efficiency drive by the automotive giant to combine its back-office operations, including marketing.
The consolidation is in keeping with the company's decision to centralise its £98m media accounts for Vauxhall, Saab and Daewoo into Initiative last September.
Draft and TBWA\GGT have worked on the accounts for more than five years.
Saab is one of Draft's flagship accounts. Draft's recent work for the marque includes a mailing to 10,000 Saab owners in an attempt to convince them to repurchase the car.
DLKW Dialog, the below-the-line arm of Delaney Lund Knox Warren & Partners, which handles Vauxhall's above-the-line account, has also created some below-the-line projects for Vauxhall, mostly digital.
These include an interactive TV campaign for Vauxhall's 100th birthday. The agency is expected to attempt to secure a slice of the business now under review.
No one at GM was available to comment on the details.
It is not yet clear whether GM will look to consolidate Vauxhall and Saab's above-the-line creative. Vauxhall's creative account is currently split between Lowe and DLKW. Lowe handles Saab and Daewoo is with DFGW.
DLKW has made in-roads into Lowe's grip on the account in the past 12 months and now handles advertising for key brands including Corsa and Astra.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Communications Executive Ninesharp £28000 - £35000 per annum + Fantastic Benefits, City of London
- Account Director - Integrated - [Digital / Retail] - Superb London Agency! Fill Recruitment £45k - £49k + superb bonus & benefits, London (Greater)
- Online Trading Manager Premier Consultants c.£45k plus bonus , Central London
- Account Director - Integrated / [CARS] - Global Agency - to £55k pending experience Fill Recruitment to £55k plus superb benefits, London (Greater)
- PLANNING ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR - GLOBAL SOFT DRINKS BRAND Ultimate Asset £50000 - £60000 per annum, London
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Breast Cancer Campaign crowd-sources videos for 'wear it pink' campaign
- Haig Club launches David Beckham ad
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Blinkbox readies campaign to promote its cinema links
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith