Saab and Vauxhall to consolidate direct accounts
By Claire Billings,, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 12 January 2004 07:00AM
LONDON - General Motors is looking to consolidate its UK below-the-line accounts for Vauxhall and Saab, held by TBWA\GGT and Draft London respectively, into one agency.
The move is believed to be part of an efficiency drive by the automotive giant to combine its back-office operations, including marketing.
The consolidation is in keeping with the company's decision to centralise its £98m media accounts for Vauxhall, Saab and Daewoo into Initiative last September.
Draft and TBWA\GGT have worked on the accounts for more than five years.
Saab is one of Draft's flagship accounts. Draft's recent work for the marque includes a mailing to 10,000 Saab owners in an attempt to convince them to repurchase the car.
DLKW Dialog, the below-the-line arm of Delaney Lund Knox Warren & Partners, which handles Vauxhall's above-the-line account, has also created some below-the-line projects for Vauxhall, mostly digital.
These include an interactive TV campaign for Vauxhall's 100th birthday. The agency is expected to attempt to secure a slice of the business now under review.
No one at GM was available to comment on the details.
It is not yet clear whether GM will look to consolidate Vauxhall and Saab's above-the-line creative. Vauxhall's creative account is currently split between Lowe and DLKW. Lowe handles Saab and Daewoo is with DFGW.
DLKW has made in-roads into Lowe's grip on the account in the past 12 months and now handles advertising for key brands including Corsa and Astra.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Planner Direct Recruitment £50,000 - £70,000, London
- Marketing Manager - Innovation Ball & Hoolahan £65,000 + Car/Car Allowance, Ireland / Dublin
- The rear of the Apple Watch is more interesting than the face
- TV body Barb to track viewing via tablets
- Reebok Classics brand film champions 'Madchester' revival
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- Guardian launches three-tier membership scheme
- ITV chief calls for Sky and Virgin to pay for content