Tango ad tops Creative Circle
By MAIRI CLARK, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 07 March 1997 12:00AM
HHCL and Partners’ commercial for Blackcurrant Tango scooped the top three awards at the Creative Circle advertising awards on Monday night.
HHCL and Partners’ commercial for Blackcurrant Tango scooped the
top three awards at the Creative Circle advertising awards on Monday
The film, written by Chas Bayfield and art directed by Jim Bolton, won
the platinum, gold and silver for best TV or cinema commercial, and also
won a silver for best use of humour.
The other triumph of the night went to BMP DDB, whose ’use your vote’
series of films for the Ministry of Sound won both gold and silver in
three categories - best use of production budget under pounds 40,000,
best idea in 60 seconds or over and best campaign or series. BMP also
won a silver for best idea in 20 seconds, best idea in 40 seconds or
over and two silvers for its press work.
The gold award for best radio commercial went to McCann-Erickson for its
’virtua cop’ ad for Sega Saturn, which also won the silver in the same
Saatchi and Saatchi gained gold and silver for best press art direction
for its Army campaign. Young and Rubicam won gold in the best press copy
category for its HP work.
TBWA’s Pretty Polly ’hold-ups’ poster was honoured with a gold and
silver for best poster. The gold and silver for best use of sound and
best cinematography was won by Bartle Bogle Hegarty for its Polaroid
The president’s award was presented to Paul Weinberger, the executive
creative director of Lowe Howard-Spink, for ’creating and maintaining an
environment that consistently produces outstanding work’.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- OOH Field Sales Business Development Manager-£65k Uncapped OTE! Ultimate Asset £25000 - £65000 per annum + Includes uncapped commission, West End
- ACCOUNT MANAGER - INTEGRATED B2B AGENCY Live Recruitment £26000 - £30000 per annum, London
- ACCOUNT MANAGER Live Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, West Midlands
- Digital Operations Director - Display, Video & Mobile Ultimate Asset £60000 - £70000 per annum + Benefits + Great Agency Culture, City of London