Honda 'cog' and CHI take top trophies at BTAA honours night
By Robin Hicks, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 12 March 2004 12:00AM
Wieden & Kennedy London has taken the top prize at the British Television Advertising Awards with its "cog" spot for Honda.
The ad, directed by Antoine Bardou-Jacquet at Partizan, was named TV ad of the year. It also won the best European and cinema commercial and a silver in the virals category. The win comes a week after it swept the board at the Creative Circle Awards.
Clemmow Hornby Inge was named agency of the year thanks to its "seal", "barrel", "barrel miss" and "postman" spots for Tango and "present" for The Daily Telegraph.
The production company of the year was Partizan, which produced 118 118 for WCRS, United Airlines for Fallon London and Tango for CHI.
Tom Carty and Walter Campbell won the chairman's award for their outstanding contribution to the industry. Carty, now directing through Gorgeous, and Campbell, a co-founder of Campbell Doyle Dye, worked on "surfer" for Guinness, "twister" for Volvo and "unexpected" for Dunlop while they were a creative team at AMV BBDO.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Mid-weight Digital Designer Red Sofa London £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- International Digital Account Manager - MUSIC CLIENT! Ultimate Asset £32000 - £38000 per annum, London
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Sky boosts Sky AdSmart's targeting capabilities for advertisers
- 5 key trends from Dmexco 2014
- Bosch secures sponsorship deal with Channel 4's Sunday Brunch