Honda 'cog' and CHI take top trophies at BTAA honours night
By Robin Hicks, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 12 March 2004 12:00AM
Wieden & Kennedy London has taken the top prize at the British Television Advertising Awards with its "cog" spot for Honda.
The ad, directed by Antoine Bardou-Jacquet at Partizan, was named TV ad of the year. It also won the best European and cinema commercial and a silver in the virals category. The win comes a week after it swept the board at the Creative Circle Awards.
Clemmow Hornby Inge was named agency of the year thanks to its "seal", "barrel", "barrel miss" and "postman" spots for Tango and "present" for The Daily Telegraph.
The production company of the year was Partizan, which produced 118 118 for WCRS, United Airlines for Fallon London and Tango for CHI.
Tom Carty and Walter Campbell won the chairman's award for their outstanding contribution to the industry. Carty, now directing through Gorgeous, and Campbell, a co-founder of Campbell Doyle Dye, worked on "surfer" for Guinness, "twister" for Volvo and "unexpected" for Dunlop while they were a creative team at AMV BBDO.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Strategist / Planner Direct Recruitment £40,000 - £50,000, London
- Senior Planner Direct Recruitment £45,000 - £60,000, London
- Planning Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 - £100,000, London
- Planner Direct Recruitment £40,000 - £45,000, London
- Wilkinson rebrands to Wilko in TV campaign
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Dare creates European Ryanair ads
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- French agency creates chocolate dildo Easter campaign