Campbell and Charity represent UK on Cannes film jury
By Staff,, brandrepublic.com, Monday, 22 March 2004 09:05AM
LONDON - McCann Erickson's Robert Campbell and J Walter Thompson's Charity Charity have been named as members of the film jury at this year's Cannes Lions awards.
The pair will join jury president Piyush Pandey, executive chairman and national creative director of Ogilvy & Mather in India.
Charity is executive worldwide creative director of JWT, while Campbell holds the role of executive creative director of McCann Erickson after leaving the agency he founded, Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R. They are joined by other notable creatives including Linda Kaplan Thaler, CEO and chief creative officer of the Kaplan Thaler Group, and Gary Goldsmith, who is chairman and chief creative officer at Lowe New York.
In unveiling the juries for the Cannes Lions festival this year, the organisers said that in view of the growing importance of clients in the media area three clients -- Procter & Gamble, Ikea and HP -- will be sitting on the media jury.
P&G's outspoken associate director of UK media, Bernard Balderston, will be one of those sitting on the jury, which is headed by MediaCom's worldwide CEO Alexander Schmidt-Vogel.
Publicis London head of copy Gavin Kellett will sit on the press and outdoor jury, also headed by Pandey.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Digital Account Director Lipton Fleming £45000 - £55000 per annum, London
- Head of Video Aspire £60000.00 - £70000.00 per annum, London
- Senior Demand Generation Manager Salt £45000 - £55000 per annum + Bonus, London