Campbell and Charity represent UK on Cannes film jury
By Staff,, brandrepublic.com, Monday, 22 March 2004 09:05AM
LONDON - McCann Erickson's Robert Campbell and J Walter Thompson's Charity Charity have been named as members of the film jury at this year's Cannes Lions awards.
The pair will join jury president Piyush Pandey, executive chairman and national creative director of Ogilvy & Mather in India.
Charity is executive worldwide creative director of JWT, while Campbell holds the role of executive creative director of McCann Erickson after leaving the agency he founded, Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R. They are joined by other notable creatives including Linda Kaplan Thaler, CEO and chief creative officer of the Kaplan Thaler Group, and Gary Goldsmith, who is chairman and chief creative officer at Lowe New York.
In unveiling the juries for the Cannes Lions festival this year, the organisers said that in view of the growing importance of clients in the media area three clients -- Procter & Gamble, Ikea and HP -- will be sitting on the media jury.
P&G's outspoken associate director of UK media, Bernard Balderston, will be one of those sitting on the jury, which is headed by MediaCom's worldwide CEO Alexander Schmidt-Vogel.
Publicis London head of copy Gavin Kellett will sit on the press and outdoor jury, also headed by Pandey.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Marketing Communications Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £28000 per annum, Worcester
- Design Director - Brand Design and Packaging Agency - London - £55k - £60k - NP143 Stonor £55k - £60k, London (Greater)
- Traffic Planning Manager Premier Consultants c. £40,000 plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- PR Account Manager / Senior Account Manager Network Career Consultants £30000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Johnnie Walker calls global ad review
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity
- Tiffany & Co hires MEC for $100m global media
- Mattessons Fridge Raiders campaign delivers AI robot to YouTube gamer
- Lloyds reviews media planning and buying