Emap's Kerrang! 105.2 appoints Odd to advertising task
By Jules Grant,, brandrepublic.com, Wednesday, 28 April 2004 11:00AM
LONDON - Emap Performance's Kerrang! 105.2, the West Midlands radio station due to launch later this year, has appointed London-based advertising agency Odd to create the station's debut campaign.
Odd won the Kerrang! 105.2 account following a pitch with three undisclosed agencies. The agency will work with the station's marketing director Lisa Blower on all aspects of the launch marketing campaign, including below-the-line activity.
Emap Performance recently announced that it was calling a review of the £2m creative account for its magazine and television brands, as it is looks to establish a roster of agencies to work on a project basis. The appointment of Odd is understood to be distinct from its roster plans.
The review is understood to incorporate Kerrang! magazine, as well as other music titles. Mother currently handles the bulk of the business, including the teenage celebrity title Sneak and Magic FM.
Odd has created campaigns for clients including Sony PlayStation and Heineken and works across the UK and Europe. It was founded just over two years ago by Nick Stickland and Simon Glover, graduates of London's Royal College of Art and Central Saint Martin's respectively.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- European Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South East
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London