Emap's Kerrang! 105.2 appoints Odd to advertising task
By Jules Grant,, brandrepublic.com, Wednesday, 28 April 2004 11:00AM
LONDON - Emap Performance's Kerrang! 105.2, the West Midlands radio station due to launch later this year, has appointed London-based advertising agency Odd to create the station's debut campaign.
Odd won the Kerrang! 105.2 account following a pitch with three undisclosed agencies. The agency will work with the station's marketing director Lisa Blower on all aspects of the launch marketing campaign, including below-the-line activity.
Emap Performance recently announced that it was calling a review of the £2m creative account for its magazine and television brands, as it is looks to establish a roster of agencies to work on a project basis. The appointment of Odd is understood to be distinct from its roster plans.
The review is understood to incorporate Kerrang! magazine, as well as other music titles. Mother currently handles the bulk of the business, including the teenage celebrity title Sneak and Magic FM.
Odd has created campaigns for clients including Sony PlayStation and Heineken and works across the UK and Europe. It was founded just over two years ago by Nick Stickland and Simon Glover, graduates of London's Royal College of Art and Central Saint Martin's respectively.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Mid-weight Designer with super cool boutique agency Dahling Ltd £28-35k, London (East), London (Greater)
- Mid-weight or Senior Conceptual Creative Team Dahling Ltd £30-45k or £60-90k, London (East), London (Greater)
- Junior Conceptual Creative or a Junior Creative team- TOP BOUTIQUE CREATIVE AGENCY!!!! Dahling Ltd £20-25k, London (East), London (Greater)
- Project Manager - Client Side - Blue Chip - CRM, Data, Backend Salt £35000 - £45000 per annum + + Benefits +75% off travel , London
- CREATIVE SERVICES MANAGER (Brand Guardian, Marketing, Strategy) Creative Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, Surrey