AMV sets up Douwe Egberts to sponsor C4 autumn drama
By ANNA GRIFFITHS, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 10 October 1997 12:00AM
Douwe Egberts, the roast and ground coffee producer, is to sponsor Channel 4’s autumn drama blockbuster, A Dance to the Music of Time, which begins this Thursday.
Douwe Egberts, the roast and ground coffee producer, is to sponsor
Channel 4’s autumn drama blockbuster, A Dance to the Music of Time,
which begins this Thursday.
The deal marks a significant switch of strategy by the company, part of
the Sara Lee group, which until now has restricted its advertising to
magazines and supplements.
Both the deal and the strategy were devised by Douwe Egberts’ agency,
Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO, working with two of its AMV group associated
companies - Drum PHD, the sponsorship specialist, and Rocket, the media
The opening credits show a speeded-up city scene in which a woman
escapes into a cafe for a quiet coffee. A shorter follow-up credit
reveals the cafe owner sitting down to enjoy his own cup.
Simon Points, the Douwe Egberts board account director at AMV, said:
’The sponsorship associates Douwe Egberts with a high-profile series
which will attract the ideal audience.’
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, Central London
- Data Planner Direct Recruitment £28,000 - £33,000, London
- Senior Data Planner/Analyst Direct Recruitment £50,000 - £75,000, London
- Partnerships Account Director - eCommerce Business Silverdrum to £45,000 + bonus + stock + benefits, London
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Facebook research finds 42% switch device mid-activity