AMV sets up Douwe Egberts to sponsor C4 autumn drama
By ANNA GRIFFITHS, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 10 October 1997 12:00AM
Douwe Egberts, the roast and ground coffee producer, is to sponsor Channel 4’s autumn drama blockbuster, A Dance to the Music of Time, which begins this Thursday.
Douwe Egberts, the roast and ground coffee producer, is to sponsor
Channel 4’s autumn drama blockbuster, A Dance to the Music of Time,
which begins this Thursday.
The deal marks a significant switch of strategy by the company, part of
the Sara Lee group, which until now has restricted its advertising to
magazines and supplements.
Both the deal and the strategy were devised by Douwe Egberts’ agency,
Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO, working with two of its AMV group associated
companies - Drum PHD, the sponsorship specialist, and Rocket, the media
The opening credits show a speeded-up city scene in which a woman
escapes into a cafe for a quiet coffee. A shorter follow-up credit
reveals the cafe owner sitting down to enjoy his own cup.
Simon Points, the Douwe Egberts board account director at AMV, said:
’The sponsorship associates Douwe Egberts with a high-profile series
which will attract the ideal audience.’
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid-weight Designer with super cool boutique agency Dahling Ltd £28-35k, London (East), London (Greater)
- Mid-weight or Senior Conceptual Creative Team Dahling Ltd £30-45k or £60-90k, London (East), London (Greater)
- Junior Conceptual Creative or a Junior Creative team- TOP BOUTIQUE CREATIVE AGENCY!!!! Dahling Ltd £20-25k, London (East), London (Greater)
- Project Manager - Client Side - Blue Chip - CRM, Data, Backend Salt £35000 - £45000 per annum + + Benefits +75% off travel , London
- CREATIVE SERVICES MANAGER (Brand Guardian, Marketing, Strategy) Creative Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, Surrey