AMV sets up Douwe Egberts to sponsor C4 autumn drama
By ANNA GRIFFITHS, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 10 October 1997 12:00AM
Douwe Egberts, the roast and ground coffee producer, is to sponsor Channel 4’s autumn drama blockbuster, A Dance to the Music of Time, which begins this Thursday.
Douwe Egberts, the roast and ground coffee producer, is to sponsor
Channel 4’s autumn drama blockbuster, A Dance to the Music of Time,
which begins this Thursday.
The deal marks a significant switch of strategy by the company, part of
the Sara Lee group, which until now has restricted its advertising to
magazines and supplements.
Both the deal and the strategy were devised by Douwe Egberts’ agency,
Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO, working with two of its AMV group associated
companies - Drum PHD, the sponsorship specialist, and Rocket, the media
The opening credits show a speeded-up city scene in which a woman
escapes into a cafe for a quiet coffee. A shorter follow-up credit
reveals the cafe owner sitting down to enjoy his own cup.
Simon Points, the Douwe Egberts board account director at AMV, said:
’The sponsorship associates Douwe Egberts with a high-profile series
which will attract the ideal audience.’
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Marketing Executive or Marketing Manager air recruitment £28k-£35k dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- B2B Lead Generation Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £20000 - £40000 per annum + Uncapped Commission, London
- Out of Home Sales - Huge digital potential! Ultimate Asset £20000 - £75000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Planning Manager - Unique Opportunity! Ultimate Asset £30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits, London
- Comms Manager - Top 5 global media agency - GAMING ACCOUNT Ultimate Asset £4000 - £35000 per annum, City of London
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- The man who made Grey matter
- Watch: Every Grand Prix winner from Cannes Lions 2015
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch
- Heineken selects Publicis Worldwide to be lead global creative agency
- Yorkshire Tea launches £5 million campaign