Friends Reunited unveils global logo and new ad drive
By Jennifer Whitehead,, brandrepublic.com, Wednesday, 04 August 2004 02:30PM
LONDON - Friends Reunited has unveiled a new logo, an advertising drive, and plans for a networking service to rival Friendster.
The rebrand follows the acquisition of the Australian website, Schoolfriends.com.au, and will see the Friends Reunited logo adapted, with the four people wearing sunglasses disappearing being replaced by a map of the world.
At the same time, an online advertising campaign, created by Kitcatt Nohr Alexander Shaw, aims to attract new users to the main site. Seven different executions will use nostalgia for schooldays, showing playground romances and schoolroom pranks. The ads will appear on sites including the Daily Express and Square Meal.
The website is also testing a project currently known as Friends Reunited Live, which will rival networking sites such as Friendster.com and Orkut. While Friends Reunited already runs a dating service, the new network will help people who want to make friends with people who have similar interests.
There will also be an issues-based chat forum where people can discuss anything from local government to celebrity gossip. It is set to go live in October.
Ultimately, Friends Reunited aims to have one global parent brand, one fee and one database. It is currently in the process of merging the databases of Schoofriends.com.au and the Australasian members of Friends Reunited.
Fees for the new services have not been decided at this stage.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Senior Account Director Pitch Consultants £48000 - £55000 per annum + benefits, West Midlands
- Designer Pitch Consultants £25000 - £35000 per annum + benefits, Birmingham
- Business Analyst - E-Commerce Pitch Consultants £30000 - £40000 per annum + benefits, Gloucestershire
- Account Manager/Senior Account Manager Pitch Consultants £25000 - £35000 per annum + benefits, Birmingham
- Sales and Marketing Director Pitch Consultants £50000 - £80000 per annum + bonus, benefits, Warwickshire
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- The man who made Grey matter
- Watch: Every Grand Prix winner from Cannes Lions 2015
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch
- Heineken selects Publicis Worldwide to be lead global creative agency
- Programmatic adspend nears £1bn and doubles for mobile