MediaCom appoints Mandel as chair and global buyer
By Sam Matthews,, brandrepublic.com, Friday, 06 August 2004 08:30AM
LONDON – Jon Mandel, co-CEO of MediaCom US has been promoted to the new role of US chairman and chief global buying officer at MediaCom Worldwide as part of a repositioning of the media agency.
As part of the reshuffle, the Grey Global Group-owned agency said that Dene Dallas, co-CEO of MediaCom US, has been promoted to sole chairman of the US media services agency.
Both will report to Alexander Schmidt-Vogel, MediaCom Worldwide chief executive.
Schmidt-Vogel said that the repositioning was putting into words what the agency had been practicising for some time. The repositioning was developed after extensive research and it has dubbed the new strategy "People first, Better results".
"Our feedback from clients and the industry showed that 'People' are the most important factor in a media agency's service. Best quality people in the agency and best access to consumers are what clients most ask for. We provide both," Schmidt-Vogel said.
The management reshuffle comes at a sensitive time for MediaCom's parent company, Grey Global, which has expressed an interest in selling up.
UK-based WPP Group and France's Havas are interested in acquiring the $13bn (£7.1bn) business.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Head of Communications, Branding and External Affairs Mission Aviation Fellowship UK 50,000 with pension of 10% salary on joining, Folkestone
- Digital Marketing Manager - South Yorkshire Perfect Marketing People To £40k, Doncaster
- Account Manager Brand Recruitment £26000 per annum, Brentwood
- Group Brand Manager Better Placed Recruitment £60000 - £650000 per annum, East London