MediaCom appoints Mandel as chair and global buyer
By Sam Matthews,, brandrepublic.com, Friday, 06 August 2004 08:30AM
LONDON – Jon Mandel, co-CEO of MediaCom US has been promoted to the new role of US chairman and chief global buying officer at MediaCom Worldwide as part of a repositioning of the media agency.
As part of the reshuffle, the Grey Global Group-owned agency said that Dene Dallas, co-CEO of MediaCom US, has been promoted to sole chairman of the US media services agency.
Both will report to Alexander Schmidt-Vogel, MediaCom Worldwide chief executive.
Schmidt-Vogel said that the repositioning was putting into words what the agency had been practicising for some time. The repositioning was developed after extensive research and it has dubbed the new strategy "People first, Better results".
"Our feedback from clients and the industry showed that 'People' are the most important factor in a media agency's service. Best quality people in the agency and best access to consumers are what clients most ask for. We provide both," Schmidt-Vogel said.
The management reshuffle comes at a sensitive time for MediaCom's parent company, Grey Global, which has expressed an interest in selling up.
UK-based WPP Group and France's Havas are interested in acquiring the $13bn (£7.1bn) business.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Metro launches content agency