Starcom MediaVest picks up £10.5m Harvey's account
By Jules Grant,, brandrepublic.com, Tuesday, 24 August 2004 11:00AM
LONDON – Starcom MediaVest has beaten three rivals to the £10.5m media planning and buying account for furniture retailer Harvey's.
It pitched against Carat, ZenithOptimedia and Manning Gottlieb OMD. Harvey's will announce the result of a creative pitch in the next few days, with Minerva hotly tipped to pick up the work.
Earlier this month the Harvey's media pitch was reported to have fallen into disarray. A number of agencies refused to work with the furniture retailer after insurance company Trading Indemnity refused to provide credit insurance for Harvey's media spend.
Rathbone Media was the incumbent on the media assignment and Soul held the advertising business. It is understood that Lida and Joshua also pitched for the creative account.
The review was handled by the AAR and was overseen Michael Graham, the media director of Harvey's. He replaced David Rich, who left the company during the review. Harvey's wants to adopt more upmarket image to rival MFI and DFS.
Starcom's win should soften some of the blow of losing the £40m Heinz European account last month. Starcom had held the business since 1999 and Heinz was its first UK client. The Harvey's win adds to its victory on the Kraft UK account, worth £16m, and also the £6m First Plus Financial account picked up just weeks ago.
A Harvey's win would be a filip for Minerva. The Abbot Mead Vickers BBDO second-string shop had to make a number of staff redundant in January after the E&J Gallo Wines business was swithced to BBDO San Francisco.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- CLIENT RELATIONSHIP DIRECTOR - MARKETING AGENCY Live Recruitment £50000 - £60000 per annum + Bbonus + Benefits, Buckinghamshire
- DIGITAL PROJECT MANAGER - INTEGRATED MARKETING AGENCY Live Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum + excellent benefits + bonuses, West Midlands
- ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE - EMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT AGENCY Live Recruitment £16000 - £21000 per annum, Buckinghamshire
- Senior Research Analyst Hasson Associates £28000 - £32000 per annum, London
- Global Insight manager | World leading OTC company Elizabeth Norman International £50000 - £60000 per annum + Car + bonus , London
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne
- Group M retains £80m Lloyds media
- WPP's Martin Sorrell reconsiders strength of newspapers