Samaritans appoints Kitcatt Nohr after four-way pitch
By Staff,, brandrepublic.com, Monday, 06 September 2004 07:00AM
LONDON – The Samaritans has appointed integrated agency Kitcatt Nohr Alexander Shaw after a four-way pitch as the charity looks to refocus on 'emotional health' with a direct marketing assault.
Kitcatt Nohr will be charged with creating fundraising campaigns Samaritans sends out throughout the year as part of its effort to drive awareness of the charity and generate funds.
Jeremy Payne, Samaritans director of marketing, said: "A recent review has highlighted the need for a fresh approach to re-energise our appeals. We felt that Kitcatt Nohr showed an in-depth understanding of where we wanted to go and what we were aiming to achieve."
The appointment comes following an internal review that highlighted the need to revitalise its marketing by promoting emotional wellbeing. Kitcatt Nohr will target specific age groups, including 14- to 25-year-olds.
Vonnie Alexander, Kitcatt Nohr client partner added: "We are absolutely delighted to be working with Samaritans. We pride ourselves at getting to the heart of a brand, whatever the sector, and making sure the target audience is engaged. Samaritans is among the best-known charity brands, and our job is to translate that strength into irresistible fundraising. We can't wait."
Manning Gottlieb OMD worked with Kitcatt Nohr on the media planning for the pitch.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- European Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South East
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London