Samaritans appoints Kitcatt Nohr after four-way pitch
By Staff,, brandrepublic.com, Monday, 06 September 2004 07:00AM
LONDON – The Samaritans has appointed integrated agency Kitcatt Nohr Alexander Shaw after a four-way pitch as the charity looks to refocus on 'emotional health' with a direct marketing assault.
Kitcatt Nohr will be charged with creating fundraising campaigns Samaritans sends out throughout the year as part of its effort to drive awareness of the charity and generate funds.
Jeremy Payne, Samaritans director of marketing, said: "A recent review has highlighted the need for a fresh approach to re-energise our appeals. We felt that Kitcatt Nohr showed an in-depth understanding of where we wanted to go and what we were aiming to achieve."
The appointment comes following an internal review that highlighted the need to revitalise its marketing by promoting emotional wellbeing. Kitcatt Nohr will target specific age groups, including 14- to 25-year-olds.
Vonnie Alexander, Kitcatt Nohr client partner added: "We are absolutely delighted to be working with Samaritans. We pride ourselves at getting to the heart of a brand, whatever the sector, and making sure the target audience is engaged. Samaritans is among the best-known charity brands, and our job is to translate that strength into irresistible fundraising. We can't wait."
Manning Gottlieb OMD worked with Kitcatt Nohr on the media planning for the pitch.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Online Trading Manager Premier Consultants c.£45k plus bonus , Central London
- Account Director - Integrated / [CARS] - Global Agency - to £55k pending experience Fill Recruitment to £55k plus superb benefits, London (Greater)
- PLANNING ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR - GLOBAL SOFT DRINKS BRAND Ultimate Asset £50000 - £60000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Executive AF Selection £21,000 - £22,000, South Manchester
- Senior Account Manager AF Selection £28,000 - £32,000, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Breast Cancer Campaign crowd-sources videos for 'wear it pink' campaign
- Haig Club launches David Beckham ad
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Blinkbox readies campaign to promote its cinema links
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith