Kellogg pits Portland against Posterscope
By Jeremy Lee, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 24 September 2004 12:00AM
Kellogg has invited Aegis Media's Posterscope to pitch against its incumbent agency, Portland Outdoor, for its outdoor planning and buying account, worth an estimated £4 million.
The news is a blow for the WPP-owned Portland because Kellogg is internationally aligned to WPP agencies. In the UK, J. Walter Thompson is responsible for part of its creative account while MindShare handles its media planning and buying.
Portland has also been rocked recently by the loss of clients such as COI Communications, UCI, Estee Lauder and The Telegraph Group.
In an attempt to shore up the company, WPP announced earlier this year that it was acquiring the outdoor independent Poster Publicity and would merge it with Portland.
A Kellogg spokeswoman said its contracts with agencies were confidential and would not comment.
Traditionally, Kellogg is not a big user of outdoor and spends less than 10 per cent of its total advertising budget on the medium. However, sources said it was looking to increase its outdoor spend.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager - brand engagement & recruitment marketing Story Recruitment £38 - 45k dependent on experience, Central London
- Senior Account Manager Story Recruitment £30-35K plus bonus, dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Executive Creative Director MCG Associates Tax Free Competitive Package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)