Mercedes hands DM business to CHJM without pitch
By Staff,, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 15 October 2004 07:00AM
LONDON - Claydon Heeley Jones Mason has been awarded the direct marketing account for Mercedes-Benz without a pitch.
The business includes all direct marketing for the marque as well as the retail strategy across its 160-strong passenger dealer network.
The appointment comes ahead of the roll-out of a raft of new models in 2005. The brand is preparing to launch a new A-Class; a CLS four-door coupe; a successor for its M-class MPV and a new B-Class.
Claydon Heeley was selected by Nick Ratcliffe, who was promoted to marketing director in August 2003. Ratcliffe was previously the head of corporate sales at Mercedes' parent, DaimlerChrysler.
Mercedes' advertising is handled by Campbell Doyle Dye, which created the recent "clouds" TV spot for the latest SLK model. Syzygy handles digital, The Partnership is responsible for its data and BJK&E handles media.
The account is headed by the agency's chairman, Jon Claydon. "It's the car brand, above all others, that we wanted to work on," he said.
Mercedes' direct marketing has previously been handled by rmg:blackcat, and Maher Bird has also worked on the brand. Both agencies are still on DaimlerChrysler's roster.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- User Experience Design Lead Red Sofa London £60000 - £65000 per annum + Benefits , City of London
- Senior Planner Direct Recruitment £45- 70k + bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Diageo and BBH end 15-year relationship
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign