Mercedes hands DM business to CHJM without pitch
By Staff,, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 15 October 2004 07:00AM
LONDON - Claydon Heeley Jones Mason has been awarded the direct marketing account for Mercedes-Benz without a pitch.
The business includes all direct marketing for the marque as well as the retail strategy across its 160-strong passenger dealer network.
The appointment comes ahead of the roll-out of a raft of new models in 2005. The brand is preparing to launch a new A-Class; a CLS four-door coupe; a successor for its M-class MPV and a new B-Class.
Claydon Heeley was selected by Nick Ratcliffe, who was promoted to marketing director in August 2003. Ratcliffe was previously the head of corporate sales at Mercedes' parent, DaimlerChrysler.
Mercedes' advertising is handled by Campbell Doyle Dye, which created the recent "clouds" TV spot for the latest SLK model. Syzygy handles digital, The Partnership is responsible for its data and BJK&E handles media.
The account is headed by the agency's chairman, Jon Claydon. "It's the car brand, above all others, that we wanted to work on," he said.
Mercedes' direct marketing has previously been handled by rmg:blackcat, and Maher Bird has also worked on the brand. Both agencies are still on DaimlerChrysler's roster.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Visual Merchandising Manager (Retail, Fashion, Creative, VM) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum + Negotiable, Hertfordshire