Mercedes hands DM business to CHJM without pitch
By Staff,, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 15 October 2004 07:00AM
LONDON - Claydon Heeley Jones Mason has been awarded the direct marketing account for Mercedes-Benz without a pitch.
The business includes all direct marketing for the marque as well as the retail strategy across its 160-strong passenger dealer network.
The appointment comes ahead of the roll-out of a raft of new models in 2005. The brand is preparing to launch a new A-Class; a CLS four-door coupe; a successor for its M-class MPV and a new B-Class.
Claydon Heeley was selected by Nick Ratcliffe, who was promoted to marketing director in August 2003. Ratcliffe was previously the head of corporate sales at Mercedes' parent, DaimlerChrysler.
Mercedes' advertising is handled by Campbell Doyle Dye, which created the recent "clouds" TV spot for the latest SLK model. Syzygy handles digital, The Partnership is responsible for its data and BJK&E handles media.
The account is headed by the agency's chairman, Jon Claydon. "It's the car brand, above all others, that we wanted to work on," he said.
Mercedes' direct marketing has previously been handled by rmg:blackcat, and Maher Bird has also worked on the brand. Both agencies are still on DaimlerChrysler's roster.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior copywriter story uk limited Negotiable depending on experience, Edinburgh
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Account Director Stopgap £47000 per annum, London
- International Accounts Director - exciting media owner Ultimate Asset £90000 - £110000 per annum + 40% bonus, West End
- Mid-weight Project Manager - Global Integrated Agency, up to £40K Story Recruitment up to 40K + great benefits and career progression, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Daily Mirror publishes its own tits on Page 3
- 'This girl can' tops Campaign Viral Chart
- John Brown Media appoints Rebekah Billingsley to head of digital and content strategy role
- 'You don't have to explain yourself if you are getting the job done,' says Tracy De Groose on work and motherhood
- Publicis Groupe extends deadline for Sapient deal again
- Lidstone exits Havas amid restructure