Ryvita parent reviews £5m media business
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 15 October 2004 12:00AM
Associated British Foods, the owner of brands including Ryvita, Kingsmill and Silver Spoon, is reviewing its media account, worth in excess of £5 million.
The food conglomerate has invited its entire roster of agencies - ZenithOptimedia, Mediaedge:cia, John Ayling & Associates and AMS - plus one non-roster agency, to pitch for its centralised business. The pitches are being held at the beginning of November, with a result expected shortly afterwards.
ZenithOptimedia holds the bulk of the account, including Allied Bakeries and Ryvita; MEC looks after ABF's sugar business; Ayling the Twining Teas business and AMS holds Blue Dragon foodstuffs.
The creative account, which is not affected by the review, is also split between a roster of agencies. Most recently, the Ryvita business moved from Walsh Trott Chick Smith to Mortimer Whittaker O'Sullivan. J. Walter Thompson handles the Allied Bakeries business, recently launching a Kingsmill campaign featuring Elvis Presley.
Associated British Foods is majority-owned by the Anglo-Canadian Weston dynasty, a branch of which also owns Fortnum & Mason and Selfridges.
The company recently announced that it was on track to deliver strong second-half growth despite high raw-material costs and additional pension charges in its report due next month. Reports suggest it could be up by as much as 13 per cent year on year.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Visual Merchandising Manager (Retail, Fashion, Creative, VM) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum + Negotiable, Hertfordshire