Universal McCann wins Burton's Foods media account
By Ian Darby,, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 26 October 2004 11:00AM
LONDON - Burton's Foods has appointed Universal McCann to handle its centralised media planning and buying.
The agency will handle brands including Jammie Dodgers and Wagon Wheels. Its appointment follows the move of Burton's creative account from Saatchi & Saatchi to FCB London last month.
Universal pitched against BLM Media for the media business, which was previously held by Vizeum. Naked Communications also loses its communications planning business on Wagon Wheels.
Burton's has not spent significantly in the pasty two years but is gearing up for the launch of a new product and for campaigns to support Jammie Dodgers and Cadbury Chocolate Fingers.
Damian Blackden, the joint managing director of Universal McCann, said: "This win demonstrates the quality of our strategic team -- it's going to be good to add some real value to Burton's business."
Duncan Philips, group brand manager at Burton's, said: "Its [Universal's] strategic planning capability, brand understanding and creative thinking about the best way of communicating to our consumers were key in it winning the business."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Retail Store Designer Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £30000 - £33000 per annum + bonus and benefits, London
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show