Universal McCann wins Burton's Foods media account
By Ian Darby,, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 26 October 2004 11:00AM
LONDON - Burton's Foods has appointed Universal McCann to handle its centralised media planning and buying.
The agency will handle brands including Jammie Dodgers and Wagon Wheels. Its appointment follows the move of Burton's creative account from Saatchi & Saatchi to FCB London last month.
Universal pitched against BLM Media for the media business, which was previously held by Vizeum. Naked Communications also loses its communications planning business on Wagon Wheels.
Burton's has not spent significantly in the pasty two years but is gearing up for the launch of a new product and for campaigns to support Jammie Dodgers and Cadbury Chocolate Fingers.
Damian Blackden, the joint managing director of Universal McCann, said: "This win demonstrates the quality of our strategic team -- it's going to be good to add some real value to Burton's business."
Duncan Philips, group brand manager at Burton's, said: "Its [Universal's] strategic planning capability, brand understanding and creative thinking about the best way of communicating to our consumers were key in it winning the business."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Social Media Manager Dot-Gap £40k, London Central
- Brand Client Partners - Leading Media Agency - Global Client Ultimate Asset £70000 - £80000 per annum + great benefits package, City of London
- Comms Planning Manager - Gaming/Entertainment Brand - Media Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + great benefits package, City of London