Mercedes in talks with agencies for heritage centre
By Staff,, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 06 December 2004 07:00AM
LONDON - Mercedes-Benz is talking to direct marketing agencies about a brief to launch its brand experience centre.
Called The Mercedes Heritage and Technology Centre, the operation is being built on a 150-acre site at Brooklands in Surrey, where the famous 30s race-track is based. The centre is scheduled to open in May 2006.
The pitch is being handled by the AAR. Nick Ratcliffe, Mercedes' marketing director, is overseeing the project. The company is looking for an agency to develop a communications strategy to promote the centre, mainly with below-the-line work. The incumbent, Claydon Heeley Jones Mason, is expected to pitch.
A customer relationship marketing and DM programme will target Mercedes customers and prospects, to encourage them to visit.
Ratcliffe expects to appoint an agency in January, on completion of a pitch.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- eCommerce Marketing Manager Pitch Consultants £60000 - £69000 per annum + excellent benefits, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Sports Mad Digital Designer - Integrated Agency - £30-35K The Creative Recruiter £30-35K plus bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Designer - Integrated Agency - £40-45K The Creative Recruiter £40-45K plus bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director - Experiential Major Players £45000 - £50000 per hour, London (Central), London (Greater)