DM agencies vie for Mercedes account
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 03 December 2004 12:00AM
Mercedes is talking to direct marketing agencies about a brief to launch its brand experience centre.
Called The Mercedes Heritage and Technology Centre, the operation is being built on a 150-acre site at Brooklands in Surrey, where the famous 30s race-track is based. The centre is scheduled to open in May 2006.
The pitch is being handled by the AAR. Nick Ratcliffe, Mercedes' marketing director, is overseeing the project. The company is looking for an agency to develop a communications strategy to promote the centre, mainly with below-the-line work. The incumbent, Claydon Heeley Jones Mason, is expected to pitch.
A customer relationship marketing and DM programme will target Mercedes customers and prospects, to encourage them to visit.
Ratcliffe expects to appoint an agency in January, on completion of a pitch.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager Brand Recruitment £40000 per annum, St. Ives
- Digital Producer The Little Black Book Agency £25000 - £35000 per annum, Leeds
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Sometimes collaboration, not innovation, can be the key to winning campaigns
- Virgin Trains spends £8 million on advertising to refocus on its brand
- WPP challenges Govt review
- Hovis appoints Mother to ad account
- Made.com makes Scottish Referendum marketing "blunder"