Grey Global Group delays Blamer's move to Interpublic
By Staff,, brandrepublic.com, Wednesday, 05 January 2005 09:00AM
NEW YORK - Grey Worldwide North America chief executive Steve Blamer is being forced to delay his defection to Interpublic's Foote Cone & Belding and see out his contract in full, according to reports.
An internal memo sent by Grey Global CEO Ed Meyer has said that Blamer will remain at Grey until his contract expires on June 15, according to a report in The Wall Street Journal.
The newspaper reports that Blamer will remain as a Grey employee, although he will no longer handle day-to-day responsibilities.
Grey Global has long been reluctant to let go of Blamer, with Interpublic first attempting to poach him in December 2003. That time, Grey managed to lure him back with the promotion to the current role.
However, a year later it was revealed that Blamer was leaving for Interpublic, to take up the role of chief executive of FCB. He was expected to join in January this year.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- eCommerce Marketing Manager Pitch Consultants £60000 - £69000 per annum + excellent benefits, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Sports Mad Digital Designer - Integrated Agency - £30-35K The Creative Recruiter £30-35K plus bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Designer - Integrated Agency - £40-45K The Creative Recruiter £40-45K plus bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director - Experiential Major Players £45000 - £50000 per hour, London (Central), London (Greater)