Diesel in talks on future direction of brand
By HARRIET GREEN, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 14 March 1997 12:00AM
Diesel, the Italian cult clothing brand, is speaking to agencies across Europe about its multimillion worldwide advertising account.
Diesel, the Italian cult clothing brand, is speaking to agencies
across Europe about its multimillion worldwide advertising account.
The jeans, workwear and accessories company currently uses the Swedish
agency, DDB Paradiset, to create its distinctively quirky ’successful
But Diesel has decided it needs a new strategy to take it into the
Maurizio Marchiori, the international advertising manager of Diesel, has
approached seven agencies, thought to include GGT and Lowe Howard-Spink
in the UK.
Marchiori insisted that Paradiset would continue to work as part of the
Diesel team, but admitted he was talking to ’new friends’.
He said: ’ We are not talking about a specific campaign for next season
or next year but about the future of Diesel.’
Diesel launched in Italy in 1985. It has since mushroomed into a 580
billion lira (pounds 252 million) business available in 81
Advertising currently takes the form of 12 print executions and two
spots for TV and/or cinema each season.
Marchiori said the company would continue to run single campaigns
For the future, Diesel’s aim is to broaden its market, targeting older
consumers but not alienating current users.
Diesel labels and licensed products include Diesel Modern Basic, Diesel
Female, Diesel Shade and the accessories line, Spare Parts.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Executive AF Selection £21,000 - £24,000, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Account Director Aspire £45000 - £55000 per annum + Excellent benefits, London
- Account Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £28,000, Manchester, Greater Manchester