ZooFootball targets fans with Wembley poster promotion
By LEXIE GODDARD, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 30 May 2000 12:00AM
Wembley Stadium and its surrounding area was blitzed last weekend with a 40- and 48-sheet poster campaign promoting ZooFootball.com.
Wembley Stadium and its surrounding area was blitzed last weekend
with a 40- and 48-sheet poster campaign promoting ZooFootball.com.
The ads were aimed at the 300,000 fans attending the England versus
Brazil international and the Nationwide divisional play-offs.
There was also the possibility of added exposure to the millions
watching the games on TV. The strategic media and creative work were
The theme of the promotion, which featured 34 posters, played on
football fans’ worries about withdrawal symptoms as the season comes to
The strapline - ’Addiction is only a problem when you can’t get any’ was
accompanied by the ZooFootball logo.
The posters were situated around the outside of the stadium, running
from the entry of the complex to the stadium itself. At the entrance,
two 48-sheet posters displayed a changing message depending on which of
the teams were successful.
After the game, the ’addiction’ strapline was changed to include the
match result. Options for the Ipswich and Barnsley play-off final were
’Ipswich, remember tonight: those men in pointy hats are policemen’, and
’Barnsley, trains leave London every hour.’
The website was launched in February at the England versus Argentina
international with a promotion featuring 50,000 balloons.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- International Business Director -Automotive Aspire £65000.00 - £70000.00 per annum, London
- Promotions and Retail Marketing Manager Major Players £45000 - £50000 per annum, City of London
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Tango returns to advertising after two years with off-brand TV ad
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Why D&AD's first Black Pencil for Radio in 32 years is significant
- Procter & Gamble YouTube video banned